Chapter Seven . . . Live For Me

Kristine's POV

The pain was agonizing and I'm not talking about the pain in my stomach but the pain in my heart. What did I do wrong. My baby was dying and I didn't know why or how.

"Kristine. Hold on now." I screamed in pain as Tina said that. We finally reached the hospital after what felt like a lifetime. Tina left the car and when she came back there were two men in doctor coats following behind her. One of them knelt by me and began talking but I couldn't understand anything they said.

"Miss Winchester, I need you to breathe for me." I did as he said but it didn't help.

"Please, make it stop, make it stop." I yelled but the pain kept coming and blood kept gushing from me.

The doctor quickly picked me up and carried me inside and set me on a gurney. This was it, this was how I was going to die, and my baby. I grabbed my stomach.

"Live! Live for me damn it!" I yelled and was brought in to the OR.

"What do we have?" A nurse who was wearing a surgical mask asked.

"Kristine Winchester, seventeen, vaginal bleeding, and intense stomach pains. I think her appendix burst. We need her prepped for surgery now." The doctor said while getting dressed.

"No, I'm pregnant!" I yelled as the nurse began to put the gas mask on me. She instantly stopped and looked at the doctor.

"We need to check for a heartbeat, now!" The doctor said urgently and it scared me. I began to shake and couldn't breathe. A beeping on a monitor went haywire.

"MY BABY!" I yelled as the monitor's beeped louder and louder. The nurse who was prepped for my surgerry put a hand on my shoulder.

"Honey, that's your heartbeat, not the baby's." I sighed in relief but I was still scared. What was wrong with my baby.

"Please, my baby." I begged as the doctor came back in with some sort of machine. "Just save my baby." I kept whispering over and over again.

"Miss Winchester, this is going to be cold, but I need you to hold still." When he said that it was cold, he was right. t was ligh snow on my belly, and then there was a little pressure. 

"What are you doing?" I whispered tiredly as the pain was becoming too much to bare.

"Finding the baby's heartbeat, before we continue with any medication we need to make sure the baby is alive." I sighed and began closing my eyes. I couldn't help wonder if every single pregnancy I had was going to be like this. Why did I keep putting my children in danger?

As he moved the machine around on my belly I heard the sound of static and nothing else. I began to cry. I killed my baby. I thought but then I heard the most beautiful sound. The sound of a heart beat, and it wasn't my own.

"Oh thank God!" I cried out, my baby had a heart beat, a really fast one, but it was a heartbeat.

The doctor looked up at me and smiled sadly. "Your baby is fine, but his or her heart is beating as fast as yours and that's not good. You need to calm down." He stood up and walked to me. "I need to insert an I.V. and I'm going to give you some medicine that will help you and the baby calm down. There will be no harm to your baby, but it will help if you relax." I nodded and closed my eyes. Thanking God that he said yet another one of my children. Suddenly there was a pinch in my arm, but I knew it was just the I.V. and relaxed. I felt the darkness take over me.

*****************************************************************************************

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the bright light. God was it bright, and the beeping sound was enough to drive any pregnant woman nuts, and that reminded me. The baby! I quickly sat up but was gently pushed down by the most comfortable and softest hands in the world.