Chapter Eighteen . . . My Job

This is more of Tyler's Point Of View since Kristine is unavailable at the moment.

Chapter Eighteen . . . My Job

Tyler's Pov

The car stopped in front of our home, Kristine was fast asleep and I wanted her to get her rest. I got out of the car and went around to her side. After unbuckling her and saying a big thank you to the police officer, I carried her small frame into the house, and was instantly greeted by the whole family even Austen, who by the way, was up way past his bed time.

"How's Mommy?" Sierra asked.

"M-ma-mama" Austen sounded out making me smile.

"She's fine, just tired. Let me get her to bed and we can talk." I nodded to my mother, my sister, and Carrie before walking to our room.

I layed Kristine down on our bed and tucked her in before sitting beside her and touching her hair with my fingers. She was so  soft, so innocent, and at the same time so many people wanted to hurt her.

I cringed at the thought of how close Josh got to her today. I wanted him dead, and I wanted to do it with my bare hands. He hurt her, threatened her and my family. He didn't deserve to live.

I took a deep breath in, just to calm myself. He was going to rot in prison. I had to keep telling myself that over and over again just so I didn't do something extremely stupid that would also scare Kristine. I messed up once already and I wasn't going to do it again.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before catching sight of her belly that moved up and down as she breathed. I touched it gently with my hand.

"Hi buddy." I whispered so Kristine wouldn't hear me, "This is your daddy again, I just wanted to tell you that I'm so proud of you. You kept your mommy going strong and I can never repay you for that besides giving you all the love I can possibly give. I love your mother and you very much and I'm so happy that you are okay. I love you." After I was done talking to my baby I looked up at Kristine to see that she was still sleeping thankfully.

I kissed her forehead and went back to the kitchen where I met my family who was anxiously waiting.  "She's fine. So is the baby. She's just a little tired and has been through a lot so you don't have to worry." I watched as my mother sighed, my sister ran her fingers through her hair angerily, and Carrie who just looked worn out.

"That Bast-" Jessica was about to say but luckily I cut her off.

"Hey! Kids!" I yelled pointing to a sleeping Austen and a very tired Sierra.

"Sorry." My sister mumbled holding her hands up in surrender.

"Daddy, I'm tired. Can I sleep with Mommy?" Sierra suddenly asked with a yawn. I knelt down and picked her up. Her head instantly layed against my shoulder.

"Not tonight. You have to sleep in your own room and be a big girl, okay?" I felt her nod against my shoulder before her soft snores filled my ears. "Let's get them to bed okay?" I looked at my mom who nodded in agreement. She took Austen to his room while I took Sierra to hers.

After  I tucked her in tight I was about to leave but her soft voice stopped me. "Daddy?" I turned around and smiled at my princess.

"Yeah honey?"

"Is it my fault mommy and the baby got hurt?" I froze at the question, not because I didn't know how to answer it but because I was so confused and thrown off by the question. How could a sweet and innocent child think that all of this was her fault.

I sat next to her on the bed. "No, honey. It was never your fault. Why would you ask a question like that?"

She sighed and used her tiny hands to wipe away the blond hairs that were in her eyes, "Well, when grandma and I were at the police station one of the police men said my name, and they wanted me safe and when mommy wanted me safe from the monster back at my old home, she would get hurt. So, I thought it was my fault." She let out a long breath after she finished talking.

"No honey, it wasn't your fault at your old house or now it was those horrible monsters fault. Okay?"

"Okay, daddy. I love you." I smiled and kissed her head.

"I love you too now get some sleep." I was about to leave the room but yet again the princess stopped me.

"Daddy wait?" I stopped and turned around slightly panicked.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, nothing, but I was wondering if we could make mommy breakfast tomorrow?" I let out a chuckle and nodded.

"I think that's a good idea. We'll do it!" I said with a smile before leaving her to her peaceful sleep. I leaned against the close door and sighed.

In the kitchen, waiting for me, were a group of women waiting for a story that I didn't want to relive, but I had no choice. I shook my head and made my way to the kitchen where the women who wanted to hear my story looked pale, sick, and worried, but I realized that if I looked in the mirror I would probably look the same way.

"Tyler, start talking." My sister was the first to demand, and even though the others didn't say anything, the look on their faces meant they agreed.

"Where do you want me to stat, huh? Josh Cassidy, the man who raped my fiance years ago, who is also Austen's biological father, tried to kill Kristine, and threatened Sierra's life."

"Why?" Carrie asked as she paled even more.

"Because he wanted Austen. For what reason, I don't know, but I have a feeling this isn't over."

"What the hell are you talking about Josh in jail." My sister yelled angrily and my mother put a comforting and on her shoulder.

"I know but clearly this bastard went through all of this just to get Austen, I don't think he's going to give up now." I watched as Carrie cried. You could tell she was really worried about Kristine as much if not more than we all were. "I don't know what's coming, but when it does I need you all to be ready and help me. Kristine has enough on her hands already. She almost lost the baby already. I can't go through something like that again, and I don't think any of you can either. That's why we don't tell Kristine any of this, and we try to get her to rest as much as possible." I sat on a chair and looked at the women who I asked so much of, "Questions?"

I watched as my sister rolled her eyes, "Do you have to be such a teacher about this?" Only Jessica would try to lighten up the mood at a time like this.

"Bite me." I said to her and my mother whacked me aside the head.

"Don't talk to your sister like that." I rubbed my eyes.

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm just really tired."

"Well go get some sleep then, okay? We got the plan Tyler, keep Kristine and kids happy, healthy, and alive. We wouldn't want it any way else Tyler, now go to sleep Tyler before you pass out where you sit." I nodded and got up. I looked at Jessica, Carrie, and my mom.

"Everyone stay the night okay. Kristine, the kids, and I are going to need you tomorrow." I watched as they all nodded before I made my way to Kristine and I's bedroom. I stripped off my shirt and climbed into bed with Kristine.

"Please, don't hurt me. I'll be good I promise." She whispered in her sleep and began shaking. I quickly brought her into my arms and held her.

I didn't if she was dreaming about her father or Josh, but I knew that I had to make them stop.