Chapter Twenty-Nine . . . The End of My Journey

Kristine's POV

"What the fuck is going on here?" I turned to Bella who looked as scared as I did, but there were cops here. Thank God. A little late but they were here.

"Josh, this is it. I'm dying, the cops and ambulance are here. Let me go. Please."

"Shut up! I wasn't talking to you. Bella what are you doing?"

"We got to let her go Josh. Look at her." Josh took a glance at me and sickeningly licked his lips.

"We can't. We already talked about this, and I apologized for hitting you. You got to trust me. I'm your big brother, I wouldn't let anything happen to you." I looked at Bella who looked like she was believing this crap.

"He's lying to you Bella. He's crazy. He will kill you Bella. He will hurt you and kill you. Listen to me."

"SHUT UP!" Josh yelled and quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. "Bells, honey, I'm your brother. I would never hurt you." Bella looked at her feet and had tears in her eyes.

"You already have, Josh. You already have." She seemed to go off into her own little world, but the face she was making, I knew anywhere. It was the same face I made when Josh raped me.

"You sick bastard. You raped your own sister. What the hell is wrong with you." Josh turned me around and punched me in the face I tasted blood as I hit the floor.

"Bella I said I was sorry. I'm sick you know that. I didn't want to but the disease it made me do it." He tried pleading with her but she was still staring off into a distant space.

"It's not a disease Josh. You are a rapist, and that's all you'll ever be." I watched as Josh's faced turned to a shade of red that almost looked purple.

"You know what whore, I'm real tired of hearing you talk." He said and pulled out a gun from his back pocket of his jeans.

"Josh, stop." Bella said finally coming out of her state.

"Bella, she's-"

"She's dying Josh, and we need to let her go. The cops are surrounding us, and there's no way we are getting out alive." There was a moment of silence that felt like years, but finally Josh sighed.

"You're right. I'll carry her out can you get the door for me." I looked at Josh in disbelief. Something wasn't right. Something didn't feel right and I was in too much pain to figure it out.

"Sure Josh. Whatever you say." She said unsure and turned around to open the door. As she turned around Josh raised his gun to her and it fired.

It was in slow motion. Almost something you see in the movie. I watched as the bullet when through her chest and watched as she slowly fell to the ground. Her blood was splattered on me and mixed in with my own blood that was on my own hospital gown.

In the background I heard screaming. It sounded distant but so loud at the same time. I just wanted it to stop.

"SHUT UP!" I heard Josh yell and he quickly hit me in the head with the end of his gun. I felt my body drop to the ground next to Bella's lifeless one. My vision was blurry but I was still able to watch as Josh dragged her body out of the room and into a closet in the hallway.

I never cried so hard in my life. I cried for my baby, for Bella, the family I had back home, and the family I was going to start with Tyler. It was all gone because someway somehow I knew today was the day I was going to die.

Josh came back into the room and picked me up by my hair. "We have to go." I struggled and let myself go limp making it harder for him to drag me. He pulled my hair harder and made me face him.