Chapter Ten . . . Let It Go

Kristine's POV

I wish I could tell you that the day of school got better, but unfortunetely it got worse. I was asked nonstop questions by students. They were along the lines of who, what, when, where, and most importantly why? I couldn't give them answers especially since I didn't have them to give.

 The worse part of the day though was when Tyler would look at me like I had some sort of secret to tell or that I was hiding something, but I wasn't. 

At luch, instead of staying with him, I went to the cafeteria and sat by myself. Then the rest of the day I spent in the liabrary. The Library where I spent reading stupid books on children and how to raise them.  After reading the first two I realized that they didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

Finally after two books on raising children and one Nancy Drew book the bell ran signaling students to go home.

I walked to the car passing staring student and got inside. I waited ten minutes before Tyler came out looking tired and fraustrated. He didn't say anything to when he got in the driver's side, or even when he pulled out of the parking lot.

When we got to our first red light, I broke the silence. "So, are you mad at me now?" I asked quietly. I felt like I was asking my father a stupid question and waited for the next blow.

When I realized it wasn't coming, I looked at Tyler's who's looks had soften and suddenly I felt ashamed and a little embarrassed.

"Mad at you? No, of course not, but whoever decided to write that on your locker, yes."

"Just let it go Ty." I whispered and instantly regretted it as the car began to move. Fast.

"Let it go? Kristine, I don't want to scare you I really don't but I think somebody is after you again. I think your dad has sent someone." I put my head down.

"I think so too."

"Maybe you should be homeschooled the rest of the year." I felt my eyes bulge out of my head.

"No, we can't do that."

"Kristine, you hate school, you can be with the kids all day, and I'll take this year off and stay with you." I scratched my head angrily.

"Tyler, last year my father controled my whole life, he won't do it again this year." We finally pulled into the driveway of our home.

"This isn't about that Kristine, this is about your safety." We both got out of the car and I stood in his way when he tried to go in the house. I grabbed his hands and looked him in the eyes.

"Tyler, you see me and you feel me. I am safe, and I am here. I'm not going anywhere." Tyler removed his hands from mine and went in the house leaving me outside alone.

I shook my head and walked inside. I was greeted by a very confused Jessica. "What's going on with Ty?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's a long story." I said and went to the kitchen where I got out an apple and began munching on it.

I heard little footsteps and out came Sierra rubbing her eyes.

"Mommy, I'm hungry?" I looked at her and smiled before walking over and picking her up.

"So am I. What are you hungry for baby." I heard a gasp and looked up to find an angry Jessica.

"Kristine, put her down you are going to hurt the baby!" I rolled my eyes but set Sierra to her feet.

"What are you hungry for?" I asked her again.

"Burgers!" She cheered making me smile.

"Alright, sounds okay to me. Jess, are you staying for dinner?" I asked and she shook her head.