Chapter Sixteen . . . Start Again

Chapter Sixteen . . . Start Again.

Kristine's POV

I ran in the house before the officers had a chance to stop the car. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was Tina holding a crying Austen. I rushed over to him and grabbed him from her arms. At first she was confused but then she was stunned.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He's just hungry." I looked at Austen and he seemed to calm down.

"M---mum." I held him closer to me and sat him in his chair and got him some apple sauce. I began feeding him when I heard the door slam. The sound of feet stomping against the floor made me look up and I saw the two police officers and Tyler standing there not looking to happy.

"Miss Winchester you can not run from us. We need you in our sight at all times." I rolled my eyes and gave Austen a spoon full of applesauce.

"Listen, my children are in danger from this guy. Excuse me if I want to check on them." I said annoyed. I watched the officers faces and saw that they understood where I was coming from.

"Thanks for your help officers but I can take it from here." Tyler said and the officers nodded.

"We will be outside watching the house." Tyler nodded and as soon as they left Tyler was at my side.

"Kristine, you need rest. Let me feed him."

"I can't. Ty, I just can't." I said and fed Austen some more.

"Kristine please." Tyler whispered and grabbed my shaking hands. I got out of the chair and went upstairs to our room and layed on our bed. The door opened with a creek and I watched as Sierra, who was dressed up in fake pearls and a princess dress with matching high heels, climbed on to the bed and smiled at me.

"Hi mommy!" She said and I ran my fingers through her knotted hair.

"Hey, didn't anybody brush your hair this morning."

"Well, grandma did but then I tried to braid it like you do and it was hard." I laughed and pulled her to me.

"I missed you today." I whispered as I kissed her head.

"I did too. Daddy, said told grandma that you were sad so I came up to check on you. Are you alright?" I sighed but nodded.

"I'm fine just tired."

"Oh." She said and sounded kind of sad.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I was just wondering if you would color with me, but if your tired . . ." She trailed off I swear that she was such an adult sometimes.

"No, why don't you get some crayons and coloring books." She hopped off the bed and ran to her room with out giving me an okay.

I rubbed my forehead and my belly. What was I going to do with my life? I thought with a laugh.

My cellphone began ringing and it interrupted my thoughts, which I was grateful for. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked breathing heavily.

"Cute girl you got there, is she mine too?" I heard the devil. A.K.A Josh say.

"No, she's not," I said getting off the bed. "Where are you?" I asked while breathing heavily.

"Away, but I can still see inside of your room." He said making me gulp.

"What do you want Josh?"

"To talk." He made it sound so simple. "About our son."

"There is no 'our' son, you son of a bitch, there is my son. MY SON." I said boldly, but he only laughed at my attempt.