Chapter Thirty-One . . . Have A Little Faith

Kristine's POV

The nurses wheeled me into my room with Tyler and our child right behind them. The day was taking it's tool on me and the surgery made me so sore, but I guess when you are cut open you were going to feel a little sore and tired, but my body was definitely taking a tool. After the nurses gave me something for pain they left me, Tyler, and the baby alone to enjoy each other

"Tyler." I moaned and instantly he was by my side, holding my hand.

"What baby, what is it?" He asked and kissed my forehead.

"The baby? Is she okay?" I asked trying to get comfortable without hurting myself.

"She's fine, honey. Sleeping like an angel." I nodded and yawned.

"Call your mom and your sister tell them about the baby." I watched him agree before closing my eyes. "You know your mom is going to kill you once we tell her that we don't have a name for the baby." I heard him chuckle.

"We will figure it out, You need sleep." I tried to agree but my sluggishness took over and before I knew it I fell asleep.

******************************************************************************

The next morning I woke up to a baby crying and sunshine, but I couldn't quite open my eyes. I was unbelievably tired and so sore that I couldn't move a muscle.

"Come on baby don't cry, you're going to wake mommy up." The baby stopped crying at Tyler's voice. "There you go baby girl. Grammy and your Aunts are going to be here soon. Oh and your brother and sister. They've been waiting to see you." I finally got the courage and the strength to open my eyes an when I did it was a Kodiak moment. Tyler was holding our little angel comforting her and cooing her.

"Tyler." I moaned.

"Hey look mommy is awake." Together the both came over to me. "How are you feeling."

"Sore, but . . .  happy." I added the last part with a smile and Tyler smiled back at me.

"That's good baby I'm happy too. I love you, you know." I laughed and nodded slowly.

"I know and I love you too, now let me hold her." Tyler laughed and gently handed her over to me. I looked at her and she was sleeping so peacefully I thank the Lord that another child was born healthy through the beating I had taken.

"She looks just like you Kristine. Beautiful, sweet, and innocent." I felt a blush rise on my cheeks and looked at him.

"No way, she gets her looks from her daddy."

"Well I think she gets her looks from the both of you." I heard a familiar voice say and when I looked up there stood Tina and Jessica holding gifts and flowers.

"Hi guys." I said and they ignored me, both coming to my side and looking at the bruises that were formed on my face.

"Oh man Kristine, he really did a number on you." I rolled my eyes.

"That's not important." I said using my head to indicate the baby and instantly female awe's filled the room.

"Oh my God she is just precious." Tina said and Jessica had tears in her eyes.

"She's beautiful she reminds me so much of little Mia."

"Do one of you guys want to hold her?" I asked gently. I loved holding my precious daughter but it was making me hurt.

"Me please." Jessica said and I handed her over carefully and let out a breath. Quickly Tyler was at my side.

"You Okay?" He asked and I smiled.