16. Why all the tears?

It's been three days, seven hours, and twenty-three minutes scene Adam left for New York, not that Noor was counting or anything

Even though Adam left, his protectiveness didn't really leave with him, he couldn't leave Noor by herself and asked Fatima to stay with her while he was gone. Shiv going with Adam which made it a perfect solution for both the girls to stay together.

As usual, the girls sat in front of the Tv watching whatever it had to offer. Noor was finally done with her exams for the year meaning the summer holiday is officially on.

Even though Noor was thankful that Fatima stayed with her, the days still felt empty and long without Adam. She missed him badly and couldn't wait for him to come home. Thankfully he called often and always made sure to talk to her and tell her how much he missed her, but not today. It was already around three in the afternoon and he still hadn't called or messaged yet, making Noor worry, she couldn't really focus on anything thinking something really awful happened to him.

"He didn't call today?" Fatimas question broke Noors thought, she looked at her with a sad smile before shaking her head.

"You know you can call him yourself. You don't have to wait for him to call you" Noor took a second to think about it, but then shook her head again.

"I just don't want to disturb him, what if he was busy or something" Even if she tried her best not to worry, deep down Noor was dead worried.

Seeing how sad Noor looked made Fatime suggest for them to go shopping. which made Noor's mood instantly better.

Hours went by and the girl had a lot of fun shopping together, they bought a little of everything, ate out, and just had a lot of fun hanging out. but even with a fun-filled day, Noor couldn't keep her eyes from her phone waiting for Adam to call.

But that call never came.

The girls were finally on their way home when Noor hear a phone ringing, she got excited and picked up her phone thinking Adam had finally called, but to her disappointment, it wasn't Adam. It wasn't even her phone but Fatimas. Noor's smile instantly fell as she moved her head and started looking through the car window again.

"omg omg omg!" It only took a minute before Noor heard Fatima's excited voice, Noor looked at her smiling and waiting for her to end her call before explaining what her excitement was about.

"My sister-in-law just gave birth to my first ever niece"

"Ooo! That's so exiting"

"I know!! I have to go check on her, you think you'll be okey by yourself tonight?"

"Yeah of course, go have fun with your family "

So instead of both girls going home Noor ended up going home by herself while Fatima went to her in-law's house.

Staying at home alone felt weird and Noor hated it, even if she should be used to it by now after so many years of being by herself, she just couldn't get used to it. She has always wished for a big family and a lot of friends so she is never be left alone, but for some reason life always made sure that she is left alone.

She sat on the floor next to the window looking at the heavy rain falling down and people walking around. None of them seemed lonely , everyone had someone to walk with, someone to smile at, someone to laugh with, except her. It felt so much like the old days, the days before she married Adam, when she was always alone. Not wanting to remember how that was like she decided to go lay in bed instead , hoping sleep will take over her.

Between consciousness Noor heard noises come from outside . Think it was Fatima coming home Noor covered her ears and pretend that no one was there. But Noor being the easy scared person she is worry took over her. Looking at her phone screen Noor was horrified after reading Fatimas message saying that she is sleeping over at her in-law's . Sleep was long gone reading the text,

If Fatima wasn't the one making noises then who was?

After a minute of freaking out Noor calmed herself down by reading all the Quran soras she knew. She had two options one being staying inside her room or two walking out to see what it was. Noor being the person she is she decided to stay in her room. But instead of the sound going away she started hearing footsteps and they became louder and louder for every passing second.

Looking around the room Noor saw the lamp on her nightstand. Not knowing what else to do Noor took the lamp in her hands and stool the furthest away from the door as she could.

It only took a second of her standing in the corner before she saw the doorknob turning, she shut her eyes close and held onto the lamp ready to attack whoever it might be.

"Princess?" But instead came Adams virile voice to display. Noor opened her looking at him with the lamp still in her hands.

"Princess, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake y.."His sentence was cut short as Noor dropped the lamp and ran to Adam throwing herself at him, straddling his torso and wrapping her arms around his neck . Adam was taken back at first before he held on to her making sure she wouldn't fall.

That's when it hit him, she was scared, his little girl was terrified because of him. Gilt started raising making him tighten his hold around her.

Holding her like this made him realise how much he hade missed this,her. He used to hate coming home from business trips knowing he would come home to an empty house, therefore he would stay as long as possible and never rush back. But this time Adam made sure he was back home as soon as possible. Even cancelling his two last meetings so he could be back a few days early.

"I see someone has missed me" Adams teasing voice made Noor blush and hide her face in the crack of his neck even further, taking in his intoxicating scent. He smelt like comfort and safety. A feeling Noor haven't felt with anyone but him.

And that when she knew, that when she knew she couldn't leave without his comfort, his smell, his touch, without him. She moved her face so she is facing him, looking right into his eyes, the overflowing emotions made Noors eyes tear up.

"Princess, why are you crying" Adam placed his palm on the side of her face stroking her cheeks softly.

"Hm? Why all the tears?"

"I..I love you"

—————————
Please Vote 🙏🏼