20. Stop me

To their surprise it was Patric at the door, Looking all panicked and scared

"Patric, what's wrong?" Adam asked as he started to get worried himself. Noor was standing behind the wall so Patric couldn't see her as she wasn't wearing a hijab and was walking around in her short nightdress.

"We have a big problem, sir, a really big one," Patric said while pulling on his hair while walking into the house.

"Patric tell me what's happening you're freaking me out"

"Some other company stole our investors' money and they think it's us"

"WHAT!" Adam yelled making both Noor and Patric fling.

"That's not even the worst part, they want us to pay back everything they invest plus the stolen money" Adam stroke his face a few times trying to calm himself as much as possible.

"Call Shive for an emergency meeting and wait for me in the office, I'll be there in an hour" With that Patric left closing the door behind him. As soon as Adam turned around he found his scared-looking wife in front of him playing with the end of her hair.

He kept looking at her without saying anything for a good few seconds before she moved closer to him and hugged him as tightly as she could wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Everything is gonna be alright," Noor. said quietly as she looked up at him

"Inshallah, Princess inshallah" Noor could easily see the stress on Adam's face, not knowing what to do Noor placed an innocent kiss on his lips. Shocking him a little, but even with all the stress, Adam was going through her little kiss made him instantly better.

—————————
43hours

That's how long Adam has been gone, it was late at night the very next day and Noor was half laying on their bed reading, trying to get her mind off of calling Adam. She hadn't talked to him properly scene he went to his office the day before. The last thing she heard from him was a text he sent her the day before letting her know that he wasn't coming home that night.

She was wake waiting for a text or a phone call from him letting her know he wasn't coming home that night either. But that call never came. It was already close to midnight when she decided to call him not being able to wait any longer. Just as she dilated the number she heard the front door opening.

She instantly jumped out of bed making her way toward the sound. It only took her a second before she saw her husband sitting on the sofa with his head laid back and with closed eyes. Looking exhausted

She carefully stood behind him and started massaging his head with her small fingers. He instantly smiled and opened his eyes to look up at her.

"Salam" Noor whispered not wanting to disturb his peace. Adam only smiled before polling her by her wrist so she is standing in front of him.

The past 43 hours were one of the worst times of his carrier. And he was more than thankful to come home to a beautiful woman he could call his. Adam didn't say anything as he just looked at her standing in front of him in a short black nightdress looking beautiful.

Without thinking, Adam placed a hand on the back of her thigh poling her closer until he lifted her a little so she is straddling his lap. He wrapped his arms around her bringing her in for a bone-crushing hug, having her this close to him made his stress all go away.

"Did you get it salved?" Noor asked as she played with his hair trying to give him as much comfort as she could. Adam only hmmd in respond

"Everything is alright, we found who stole the money and everything is finally over"

"I'm so proud of you " That sentence made Adam's heart stop for a second. Even if Noor only said it because she was genuinely proud of him, it meant a lot more for Adam. It was the very first time someone had said anything like that to him.

Noor looked deeply into his eyes as she lined her fingertips on his eyebrows, she keep moving her fingers on his face stroking his beard, touching his cheeks and eyelashes, until her fingers ended up on his lips. Without thinking, Adam took her index finger between his lips biting on it slightly making Noor giggle.

Adam kept looking at her with so much love in his eyes as she shook her head as she giggled.

"W..what?" Noor asked shyly as she removed her finger from his mouth.

"You're so pretty, you know that"

"And you're so handsome, you know that?" Noor said mockingly with a big smile on her face

" Am I now?" Adam leaned in coming closer to her lips. Noor only got the chance to hmm in response before Adam had attached their lips in a breathtaking kiss.

The kiss soon turned into a deep make-out session, and Adam couldn't keep his hands to himself anymore. His hands moved from her waist down to her thighs squeezing them a little.

"Stop me" Adam uttered as he moved his lips down to her jaw and neck. Noor didn't say anything in response and only moans softly.

"Noor stop me before I lose the very little control I have left"

"Don't st..stop"

———————————-
Please Vote 🙏🏼
To be continued