27. Save her from who?

"How did your mum die?" He asked hesitantly as he moved closer

"How did your mum die?" He asked hesitantly as he moved closer. His question made Noor stop what she was doing and turned to look at him

"You already know the answer to that," she said confused

"I know but like, was she alone when the acc happened?" He asked

"Well..... I.. I was there" she said looking down.

"What.... You were?" Adam asked shocked, that was new information. He knew about her sister's death but not the fact that Noor witnessed it.

"Yes, but unfortunately I was the one that survived," she said sounding disappointed. She sometimes wished she was the one that died inside of her mother.

"WHY would you say that," he said angrily, how could she say her survival is unfortunate, if anything her survival was the best thing. He couldn't even imagine his life without her beautiful smile or cute face.

"I was the reason she died," She said with a cracked voice, he could hear her heavy breaths announcing her cry.

"Who do you mean?" Adam asked as he hugged her tightly, as much as it hurt him seeing her like this it hurt him more not knowing how to help her.

"My mother," she said sounding confused a little as if not knowing who else there should be.

He expected her to say her sister but no, the name Hoda never showed up. Making him even more confused. The chance of her being adopted after the accident wasn't possible because she was obviously there. But how could she not be sad about her little sister's death.

"Shhhh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it," Adam said feeling guilty seeing her like this. Noor only shock her head on his chest in response.

"I.... I was..wanted to... to have ice...ice cream but on the... way back... I... I don't know what...what happened and it...it all went black" She said between sobs, Adam didn't ask anything further and only comfort her.

"It's not your fault, this was faith, this was what Allah had planned," He said as he smoothed her head and back.

—————

Later that evening when Noor was getting ready for bed combing her hair, she could see Adams distracted face expression through the mirror. He wasn't acting like his usual self, between asking her random questions or being completely quiet.

When she was done applying her moisturizer she climbed on the bed and sat on her husband's lap facing him with her legs on either side of him. A position they both loved and were familiar with.