𝘖𝘯𝘦

Your father had a ceremony for him in Washington, you stood in the front row as Sam was speaking

"Steve represented the beat in all of us. Courageous, righteous, hopeful. And he mastered posing stoically." Sam said to the crowd as you rolled your eyes and a small laugh.

"The world has been forever changed. A few months ago, billions of people reappeared after five years away, sending the world into turmoil. We need new hero's. Ones suited for times were in. Symbols... are nothing without the woman and men that give them meaning. And This thing..." Sam looked down at Steve shield and picked it up.

"I don't know if there's ever been a greater symbol. But it's more about the man who propped it up, and he's gone. So, today we honor Steve's legacy. But also, we look to the future." Sam continued to say to the crowd.

"So, thank you, Captain America." Sam looked at the poster of Steve behind him.

"But this belongs to you." Sam said as everyone clapped and he gave the shield to a guy that put it in a glass box.

𖥸

You walked in to your shared apartment, the lights were off so you assumed that he was sleeping in his room. But you had noticed the tv was on playing soccer and Bucky was sleeping on the floor.

You slowly walked passed him to not wake him up and put your things on the kitchen table.

You heard rustling from behind you, Bucky was sitting up with sweat beating down his face. You quickly made your way towards him.

"Bucky, it's just a nightmare." You said as you were next to him calmly him down.

He panted heavily as he layed his head on your chest as he tried to calm down.

"It's going to be ok." You told him as you rubbed his back.