three.

"have a good day ms iwaizumi!"

you ran out of the apartments building, holding a hand out to wave goodbye to the landlord. you knew she replied with something back but you couldn't hear as you were too far away.

somehow, you already had your new uniform in one of your bags. father must have used magic to create the uniform for you. but he wasn't with you right now. you suspected he was asleep back in the underworld instead of using his magic to watch over you.

after running enough, you began to walk casually. one of your hands held onto the strap of your school bag which was slung over one of your shoulders. you didn't really know what to expect from a human's uniform. back at home, the schools had quite grim and long uniforms. yet for your new highschool, they were cute.

a grey, pleated skirt and white collared tee with with a dark blue blazer over the top of it. a small red bow also sat underneath the centre of your collar.

you hoped you wore the uniform correctly. it would be embarrassing to show up to school for the first time wearing it wrong. you peaked interest in your surroundings. the sky was cloudy for once, it was much better than a sunny day.

there were also other students wearing the same uniform walking across the street or just behind you. they were all too busy looking down at their phones though. what are they all staring at? you wondered.

— "good morning, dear," you blurted out, causing you to squeak in surprise. i'll never get used to father doing that!

"good morning," you aggressively whispered to yourself, not wanting to appear unusual to others. a yawn pried your mouth open.

— "are you excited?"

"no, not really," you carelessly answered, looking at the path in front.

"why's that?" father asked as he made you scratch your chin.

"i don't really care much about humans. going to this 'highschool' isn't a big deal-it's not like i'll be worried whether people like me or not," you remarked, nodding to yourself proudly.

"i see. well, i won't be able to stay in contact with you for long. i have another meeting. your mother is worried about you but i told her you're tough enough." a giggle left your mouth at that. oh mother, you missed her already. when you were about to leave to the portal's room, she held your hand for so long, caressing it lovingly.

she can also do magic like your fathers to guide you through earth but catching criminals isn't exactly interesting to her. she's more on the sentimental side.

"i think you're here," your father chimed as you stopped in front of the school's gates. your head slowly craned upwards to see the gigantic school building with students flooding into, "i'll take my leave now. have fun, essy."

and then he was gone.

you cursed to yourself silently before trudging on forwards through the gates. there's nothing to be afraid of, only mere humans.

while walking up a flight of stairs to your first class, people took notice of the new student. this made you feel powerful as if you were in the spotlight. as you stepped over the last stair, you scanned for your first class. there was no one inside or out yet. was it because the bell hadn't rung? you shrugged off the thought of being alone and decided to lean against the wall beside the classroom door, waiting.