twenty three.

"what was i thinking," your dark orbs peered down at your lap

"what was i thinking," your dark orbs peered down at your lap. you were brushing your long black hair to find some sort of distraction. my room is so dark...

your return back to the underworld made you realise how gloomy and sad your home-world was. you were lonely despite of all the praises demons gave you because of your succeeded mission.

you rocked backwards on your antique chair with a foot stabilising yourself. the guilt from leaving oikawa behind was finally seeping in, "i promised i'd come back but i don't know how..." you bit your lip with a sour expression. suddenly, you noticed your reflection in the mirror of your vanity. your claws twitched as you listed off every detail you hated about your appearance.

"i know thats me but..." you brought one of your palms to cup the side of your face, "why are you so unfamiliar."

abruptly you the sound of glass dropping to the floor echoed off your room's walls. your dark claws smashed through your mirror, leaving shards crumbled all around. you retracted your hand with a hard pull and gave it a small shake. you felt a wave of emptiness wash over you, "how long am i going to keep rejecting myself..."

you were sick of your father able to see the world through your eyes at earth. you wanted to escape his control over you but the feeling of him always watching over was suffocating.

you pondered if anyone else ever felt the same. immediately you thought of a black haired male in particular.

— "kuroo."

%%

oikawa hand that had reached out for you dropped down to his side. he felt betrayed and lost. his heart was broken from your disappearance. the male looked down at the ground with upturned eyebrows, "what am i supposed to do without you..."

he sulked as he slowly turned back to exit the alleyway until a black bag caught his attention. it was yours. he squatted down to pick it up carefully. slobs of grime were still slathered over it slightly. he delicately zipped it open and peered inside.

there, he found your lost keys and a few bands of cash. his eyes were pried open in surprise. "maybe i'll take this home, someone could steal it," he mumbled while he closed your belonging back up and dangled it off of one of his fingers. he started to walk towards the light of the streets, alone.

he didn't know what to expect. he believed your oath to return but something inside him knew it wasn't right. his first thought when he found out you were a demon was whether he was going crazy or not. either way, his love for you was true.

he missed your daring scent, the cute blush that would appear on your cheeks when he did something remotely embarrassing and the comfort of you being there for him. he loved your bad temper and loved even when you lost it. you were perfect to him.