seven.

! language warning !

you walked into your next class, finding your spot being filled by the man himself. iwaizumi. you rolled your eyes, knowing he was watching your reaction. the seat next to him was also taken. it was oikawa.

raising an eyebrow in thought, you slowly made your way towards the brunette, "let me sit here."

he turned his head up to you, a look of confusion visible. that was enough for your heart to race. stay cool estopia! he was perplexed at your demand, "huh? what?"

you placed a hand on top of his desk, leaning against it a little, "you heard me. move," you kept hard eye contact with the other, feeling your breathing become heavy. this was the closest you'd ever been to him.

he made a noise with his throat, leaning his head against one of his hands, "or what?" oikawa teased in a honey-like voice. your cheeks began to warm up. his voice was so... whiny.

"or i'll force myself on top of you," you blurted out before regretting that choice. expecting the male to look at you in disgust, he actually chuckled. his eyes became half lidded while his lips parted to say something.

"y/n and oikawa!" the teacher yelled loudly from behind you, "stop talking and go find a seat! the two of you will be cleaning up the classroom at the end!"

your eyebrows angled downwards as you clicked your tongue in annoyance. your little flirting sesh was totally ruined! you stood up straight and sat in the only empty seat away from the brunette. it was the same spot iwa had to sit on your first day.

i swear i'll strangle that teacher!

unknowingly, iwaizumi watched all of that with a look of distaste plastered on his face.

%%

the school bell rung and the rest of your classmates filed outside of the room. all except for you and oikawa. the two of you began to get shouted at by the teacher. you couldn't care any less about it.

as the teacher exited, only you two were left. the atmosphere was surprisingly awkward. he must have also realised getting yelled at for trying to start something was embarrassing.

you began to pick up a row of chairs one at a time to stack at the far wall. oikawa began to excavate all the tables as well.

"y/n," he suddenly whispered. you shivered at his tone, looking over your shoulder to look at him. but he was too fixated on moving the tables to look back. you took this opportunity to watch his arms move tables. the yellow glow from the afternoon sun reflected off from him.

"what," you asked, still admiring.

"if we continued earlier," oh no. "would you really try to sit on me?" he boldly pondered now gazing back at you. you blinked a few times, turning away in embarrassment.

you were unsure how to respond. you didn't want to sound too assertive and creep him out or sound like a total wimp, "maybe. but then you'd move away so," you shrugged in an attempt to look careless.

you heard his breathy chuckle, "you'd think that, huh? well," oikawa brought out a broom and began to sweep the wooden floor, "what if i didn't?" he played along.

you pressed your tongue against the insides of your mouth. his reply was amusing, "then i wouldn't either. you seem like a good substitute chair," you didn't even sound like yourself anymore. you just wanted to make his imagination run wild.

he laughed loudly before drawing his lower lip to his teeth, "why don't we test that?"

your face flushed while you felt your stomach do somersaults instantaneously. the thought of doing that was too much to handle.

— "i actually have somewhere to be right now."

the words came out if your mouth. no, no, no! why did father come at the worst time!

"hah, your loss. you should learn how to keep your word," the brunette restated as he looked away from you. you felt like he was disappointed in you somehow. without you being able to fight back, your legs carried you out of the classroom and to a hallway.

"hey!" oikawa called out but you couldn't turn back. you felt bad for leaving the poor boy alone to clean the classroom.

you began to fume, "father! why would you do that?!"

"you were getting too close to him estopia. stop getting distracted," he ordered sternly. you were taken aback at his cold tone. unable to express your feelings, you scrunched your hair out of frustration.

who would have known having father watch over me would make him a total cockblocker!

"leave me alone!" you shrieked as you slumped your way down the stairs. you didn't care if anyone heard you yelling at yourself, you were pissed.

"calm down, dear. you're making useless relationships. you know you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself to climb out of when you have to leave this place. all these 'friends' are useless to someone of such status like yourself. if you cannot stick to your priorities, i might just stick in your body for the entirety of your stay here," he reprimanded in a mean tone. you were already outside the school at this point.

fuck this.

you gritted your teeth angrily before shattering your new device on the cold concrete ground with a hard throw, "shut up! you don't know what you're talking about!" it was like there was a ticking time bomb inside of you, about to explode, "go do this shitty mission yourself then you ugly, old hag! oh wait, you can't! you need to exploit your daughter for some fucking bounty! if you don't like the way i do things, then leave me alone! i'll get my priorities straight when you get yours you sick fuck!"

you panted loudly with your chest heaving up and down. without knowing, you had reformed back into your demon state. your long, black claws dug into your fists so hard, you began to bleed from your palms.

your lengthy dark hair blew behind you as you stared into nothing. the silence was enough for you both to understand how you felt about one another. after regaining your senses, you ran into the shade of a tree somewhere on the school's grounds. as you reverted back into your human parallel, smoke slowly floated off your body.

your father must have left.

a sigh left your pink lips as you leaned back against the tree tiredly. a sense of guilt slowly filled you. did i overdo it?

a cold breeze brushed past.

from up in your classroom, a pair of eyes looked down at you from a window.

%%
seven. fin