seventeen

"estopia. explain yourself. i'm in utter disappointment," your father scolded as you sat on top of your folded legs. your eyes darted around the room guiltily. "how many times do i have to remind you to stay on task? is this boy really a distraction to you?"

you didn't answer.

"this task could have been done days ago. how long are you going to drag this out," he rose you to your feet and walked you towards the same mirror you admired yourself in on your first day, "look at yourself. this is not you."

you gritted your teeth as your gaze darkened. suck it up, estopia. hold it in. don't yell at him. you hesitantly brought your eyes up to the reflection. it was y/n. no that's me! oikawa said so, i'm still the same!

"yes it is..." you contradicted, averting your gaze to an empty wall. an abrupt chuckle left your lips. of course it was your father laughing at your reply.

"no it isn't. this is you, my dear," your complexion began to turn back to your demonic exterior. you brought your hands to shield your eyes from the mirror which your elder took notice of.

"i'm still the same," you whispered to yourself comfortingly. saying it yourself wasn't the same as when oikawa did. your father uncovered your hiding eyes and forced you to look straight into the horrible reflection.

your dark orbs pierced into your soul. why was it effecting you so much when it was only yourself.

"stop this," you begged desperately, "i know if you keep this up i'm going to break and i really don't want to hurt you right now," your jaw clenched in anger. you reverted back to your human depiction, looking at the ground.

"what was he done to your head..." your father murmered in disbelief, "don't patronise your father. this is your last warning. get this done and then leave. you useless daughter."

the word useless panged through your heart.

your eyebrows were upturned abruptly. he'd never say anything like that to you, ever.

but perhaps he was right.

you'd been avoiding your duties just to mingle with oikawa. who was he to you anyways? a distraction. your relationship could never work. what's gonna happen when you go back home? he can't go with you. no human has ever gone through the portal.

"no more chances. the next time we see him, we're taking him back. you understand?" his voice raised slightly at the last word. you bit the insides of your cheeks tolerantly.

"i... understand," you murmured while looking outside of your room's glass doors. he must have left since no other words were spoken. what shitty end to this day!

you squeezed your palms together, pacing around the room to find a distraction. you needed to let out your mass amounts pent up anger. you stopped walking around abruptly as your head slowly craned to the mirror beside you. upon seeing your reflection you found it the best painkiller.

you raised one of your fists against the glass and took one good, last look at yourself. my eyes were a facade. they weren' me... i'm nothing like her.

and before you knew it, the mirror was shattered between your fingers as they collided with it. you breathed out heavily while your fingers began to scratch against the sharp shards uncontrollably. damn it! you continued mindlessly, regardless of the pain.

why can't i have what i want!

you already had it. but you couldn't keep it forever.

you stopped piercing your fingertips, looking down at the numerous shards penetrating through your flesh. crimson, red blood began to drip down from the fresh cuts and trickle down to your palm. you watched in horror, your eyes widening.