nine.

it was nearing the end of the day and you had a trick up your sleeve. since your little session was ruined with oikawa, you had thought of a plan to make the two of you clean up the classroom together again. all you had to do was make both of you in trouble by the grouchy teacher.

thanks to the teacher's antics, he would yell at the smallest things. lost your pencil at lunch? yelled at. couldn't submit your homework in time? yelled at. coughed in the middle of a lesson? yelled at, again.

you entered the classroom as the bell was still fresh. as you expected, almost no one had arrived yet. you took this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sit down in the chocolate hair's seat previously. the corners of your lips curled into a happy smirk, now waiting for the suspected male to walk in.

beside you sat the same acne-faced boy you kicked out of a seat days ago. now he stealing iwaizumi's. you made a choked sound, glaring at the unnamed male, "beat it," you instructed with a cold tone. he sighed, picking up his books and pens and walking off.

then the expected boy finally stepped through the door. you cleared your throat, sitting up straighter and fixing your hair as he made his way towards you with furrowed eyebrows. the man abruptly stopped next to you, giving you an unimpressed expression.

do something. yell at me. be mad at me, tooru.

"now you're stealing my seat too?" he reckoned, clenching his jaw to stop a smile spreading across his cheeks. you slowly leered your sunflower-yellow irises in his direction.

"mm? what do you mean? this has always been my seat," you coaxed, leaning closer to his body. a mixture of sweat and a woodsy, expensive cologne wafted towards you. his scent.

"come on, get outta here, y/n," iwaizumi barked on his way to his seat. you rolled your eyes at his unnecessary comment.

"is it? if that's true, why aren't you throwing a fit with me as you did with iwa?" oikawa pondered. he saw straight through your little act. he leaned an elbow against the desk to trap you with his large framed body. his expression changed to a much slier one.

your lips parted as you were speechless. your owl-like eyes were glazed in confusion. oh no. he knows! he's figured me out!

"you two again?! seriously! will i need to make a seating plan if so many people are having trouble finding a seat?!" the grumpy teacher shouted, in his usual mood, "you're both staying back this afternoon again!"

you gulped down your final drops of happiness. blinking a few times quickly, you wanly looked into nothingness. tooru oikawa was smarter than you thought. he saw past your teasing outlook and knew right away that you... had a crush on him.

the rest of the lesson went by slowly, you barely showed any attention to it. you were lost in clouded, malfunctioning thoughts. where did your tough act suddenly go? you didn't wanna stay back with the male after class, it wasn't fun anymore.

you hesitantly glanced at the boy, praying to the devils he wasn't looking back. just your luck, he was focused on the lesson more than you were. the sight of him was ethereal. even though you could only see his jaw from behind, he had his hand supporting his chin. how could a simple human be so interesting to you?

the class eventually came to an end.

you knew what was coming next.

as it was only the two of you left behind, you avoided eye contact with the male as much as possible. you moved the wooden chairs as per usual. the male focused on his side of the classroom too.

it was painfully silent for a minute. you didn't want to be the first one to talk.

"y/n. is it true?" his husky voice blurted out. you craned your head to him, a blank expression displayed. he was facing back this time with an unreadable look.

 he was facing back this time with an unreadable look

"what?" you wondered with no tone.

"you're in love with me. aren't you?" he finished, standing up straight. you felt the words pang straight through your heart, like glass shattering.

he slowly wandered towards you, his masculine scent drawing nearer. then with a small tilt of your head, he hovered his lips over the crook of your neck.

your heartbeat slowed, unable to cooperate with your thoughts running untamed. the flesh of your cheeks burned, spreading like wildfire at how close the boy was.

"just admit it already," oikawa mused in a whisper. you breathed out heavily, squeezing your eyes shut in ecstasy. you wanted time to freeze at this moment, forever.

"no... what are you...?" your voice drifted off slowly before your senses flooded back into your head. immediately, you grabbed the male by the arms and shoved him away from you. a cocky smirk was left on your pink face as you tediously looked up at him, "i know what you're doing. don't treat me like i'm one of your little fan-girls. i won't fall for you that easily."

you sucked in your bottom lip, your eyes engulfed with desire. the boy raised an eyebrow at your change in moods. he smiled with relaxed eyebrows, "come on now. what's this? weren't you just pleading for me with those eyes of yours just a second ago?"

you crossed your arms slyly, shifting your weight onto one of your legs, "no. but it looks like you can't keep your hands to yourself when it comes to me," you teased with a small giggle.

oikawa scoffed before walking up to you closely, wrapping his arms around your waist and gently pressing your hips against his. you froze in the provocative position as your heels gradually lifted from the floor. he leaned his head against your shoulder, breathing in loudly.

your breath hitched abruptly, "what do you think you're doing-? did you just forget what i said just then?" you rhetorically asked, trying to get out of his tight grasp.

you heard his whiny chuckle, a little muffled, "trying to prove a point. you're so affected by me just giving you a friendly hug."

he was undeniably right.

you grumbled unhappily. you wriggled your hand around, trying to reach for a chair you were holding minutes ago. your fingers brushed over the top of one before clutching onto it securely. while the boy was too engulfed in making you go crazy for him, you managed to wobbly pick the chair up and whack it against his legs as hard as you could.

the boy jolted to the side and began to hop on one foot to catch his balance.

you laughed heartily, falling back to your feet. his reaction was amusing.

he rubbed his hurt leg soothingly as he croaked in pain. after calming down, his head crooked up to meet your gaze, "you're asking for it," oikawa boldly stated, snatching a chair for himself. you jumped backwards, narrowing your eyes.

"is that supposed to scare me? because it's not working... whore," the last word slipped through your lips, a hand covering your mouth. oikawa gawked at that, raising his chair. the two of you began chasing each other, shielding under desks and other objects.

— "you little devil."

%%
nine. fin