twenty four.

your heels clicking against the porcelain white floors of your home echoed loudly. you were walking through a few hallways to reach your father's meeting room. that's where he most likely is.

could father have known it was mr vuelité? was he just trying to cover up his murder with poor kuroo?

your thoughts only made your steps louder with frustration and betrayal. you wanted to prove kuroo wrong selfishly but something told you he was right.

upon reaching the room, you swung the tall doors open loudly as you strutted inside the room with a glare in your eyes. the three old men at the table immediately crooked their heads towards the sudden noise. you father's face crinkled in distaste, "estopia! what have i told you, you can't just enter without permission!"

you nose crinkled as you snared in his direction, "quit your bitching," you insulted before shifting your fired up gaze at the suspected male with glasses. your father fumed madly, standing up from the desk. you gradually pointed your long nailed index finger towards mr vuelité.

"don't speak to your father like that. get out!" your elder yelled while gesturing towards the door. why is he so defensive?!

"what were you discussing that's so important to keep top secret, huh? jones vuelité, you killed kuroo's sister," you remarked in an insincere tone. your gaze darkened while the male's face dropped drastically. that innocent, queried expression that was always on his face finally cracked.

"how dare you speak to your elders like that!" your father fumed while he began to move his seat back. if you weren't gonna leave, he'd move you himself.

"i-i killed kuroo's sister?! why would you say something like that?!" he wailed as if he were a victim. you gritted your teeth while watching his reaction. it only made you madder.

"it's true, kuroo told me. he killed every man that came to that pub and none of them revealed they were the killer even with their lives on the line. you came to the pub that one night, it has to be you!" you protested soundly. your father was making his way towards you with his fists clenched and his shoes clanking on the ground loudly.

"estopia why are you believing a criminal?!"  his large hands grabbed onto both of your shoulders tightly, leaving you wincing in pain. he began to drag you to the opened door with a scowl on his face.

"he's not even the criminal you deem him to be, father!" you argued with desperation. he was a hurt boy. you understood the feeling of doing anything for your loved ones and knew that sometimes you have to risk everything just to get one thing back.

"what are you saying," his eyebrows angled upwards. he was puzzled immensely at the point you were trying to cross, "why are you defending him?!"

"because i understand him; what it's like to lose someone you love..." you looked down to the ground with your eyes saddening. your father's face dropped with yours. his grip loosened gently in guilt. it worked.

you bit your bottom lip with a smile before throwing the male to the ground with your hands. immediately you darted to his empty chair at the meeting table. you hummed while crossing one of your legs over the other and leaned your elbows on the desk.

your father caught his balance with a hand from dropping backwards and abruptly crooked his head to you in outrage. you gave him a pitying smile before turning to mr vuelité who was sitting beside you.

"admit it. you killed that woman. kuroo couldn't testify because of your rank but what if the daughter of the head guard did," your black sockets narrowed while watching his oversensitive state. he looked fathomed while a bead of sweat was drawing down one of his temples. one of his eyebrows twitched in havoc.

"what are you talking about?! why would i ever do that?!" he threw his hands in the air in defence, "i don't drink!"

"that is true," mr tamaki commented which you ignored. your father's body heaved up and down in rage.

"estopia, you're wasting our precious time! get out!" he shouted while striding towards you. you held out two fingers in his direction to signify you wanted him to stand still without sparing a glance.

"i think i know why. i guess when you get drunk you become super aggressive. that poor lady, she never wanted it," you acted like you were mourning while watching his face contort. he looked like he was about to burst and reveal his true colours.

"no i don't! i didn't..." his voice trailed off quietly. this peaked your interest, causing you to lean backwards a little. you were playing him like a puppet and he was falling right into your hands.

you learnt from the best manipulator, your father.

and mr vulité just so happened to be the biggest pushover.

"oh you don't? i'm sure she wouldn't agree. do we need to bring you to a truth teller to decipher if you're lying or not?" you smirked a little as his breathing became irregular and heavy. he dug one of his claws into the table, leaving behind scratch marks.

"no! i didn't mean to! s-she came onto me! i-!" mr vuelité had finally broke. your head slowly turned to your father to see whether he had caught on or not. his face was indescribable. he felt his friend betray his trust.

"you... what?" your father repeated with bug eyes as he slowly padded towards mr vuelité. the younger's face resemble that of a lost deer's. his chair was suddenly pushed backwards quickly. he began to hyperventilate and stumbled away from his chair before bolting out of the door.

you father hissed as the same dark shadows from the alleyway clouded behind him in distrust. the shadows looked like wings behind him that carried him after mr vuelité. you laughed from your successful interrogation and followed behind your father with a sly look on your face.

"you realise how guilty you look when you run, don't you?!" your father called out as he eventually gained on the black haired male. he grabbed the back of his collar with only two of his fingers before he dropped down from the air and landed his knee right between his upper spine. mr vuelité groaned out while his glasses clacked down onto the floor.

by the time you had caught up, your father already ordered a few nearby guards to take vuelité away. you stopped running, placing both your hands on your knees for support while breathing heavily.

"how could you do that... you ruined a whole family," you scorned down at the pinned male. he spat an incoherent sound which you couldn't make out, but you could tell he was upset at getting found out. you looked down away while holding both your arms with your hands. you knew this wouldn't make up for your selfish behaviour the past days but you hoped it was enough to please your father.

soon, a few guards came marching in and took mr vuelité away. he gave you that same look of despair kuroo shone when you refused to take his hand.

it was satisfactory.

you gave him a small wave by bending your fingers with a mean smile plastered on your face. after he disappeared from your sight, you looked up at your father with an empty expression. you felt an awkward tension between the two of you.

"estopia..." he muttered quietly, bringing your attention to him. he gave a small smile before stepping closer towards you and wrapping his arms around your shoulders, squeezing you in for a long awaited hug.

you were starstruck. your dark orbs lit up with small sparkles that looked like galaxies. your arms automatically moved towards him, hugging him back in the first time in forever. oikawa's hugs were nice, but your father's hugs were nicer.

"essy, i'm sorry for the things i've said before," he closed his matching eyes and rested his head on yours. you shook your head, your long black hair swaying. if anyone's sorry, it's me.

"promise me you won't make me go on another shitty mission like that again..." you softly joked to lighten the mood for yourself. he smiled a little more, kissing the top of your head tenderly.

"i promise," he surrendered while the two of you basked in the rare moment. for a minute, your father mended the heartbreak he caused.

"what just happened..." mr tamaki stumbled out of the meeting room across the hallway with a confused expression.

%%
twenty four. fin.