eighteen.

"y/n!" your sweet boyfriends voice sang on the other side of the door. you readjusted your purse around one of your arms before swinging open the door to meet with his dreamy eyes, "you ready?"

you shone a false smile, "yup! let's go, i'm excited. i've never watched a volleyball game before," you kept your eyes on the floors carpet. oikawa grinned back upon seeing your lips spread. his long fingers intertwined with yours and swayed both your hands together.

"really? don't they play sport where you come from?" he questioned as he turned his head to look at the stairs the two of you walked down. you hummed, thinking for a response.

"well, we don't call them sport. we just call them games i guess. theres this one game where you get to throw around a little furry creature. but the catch is, is magic is allowed so the games get pretty escalated," you reminisced of the times you and your family went out to watch games like that. oikawa raised an eyebrow trying to picture what magic looked like.

"with a live creature?" his face frowned as you nodded. "poor guy. it would probably die at the end wouldn't it?"

you tapped an index finger against your bottom lip, "well, sometimes."

the brunette gawked at your reply before bursting out breathlessly. you didn't sound sincere at all. "that's so cruel!" he joked while looking down at you. you continued to watch each stair your stepped down from before you reached the first floor.

i know we're different.

%%

you sat down on a red seat, leaning against the back with a long sigh. you were finally in the gym the volleyball game would take place. it wasn't too big nor small. the seats were on an elevated floor that ringed around one side of the building. the volleyball court was in the centre.

you rubbed your fingerless glove covered hands together for some form of warmth

you rubbed your fingerless glove covered hands together for some form of warmth. it was a chilly evening.

oikawa was in a changing room below, the two of you had to part ways as you entered the stadium. people were slowly flocking in, much more than you'd expect for a high school boy's game.

you sat in silence, scanning your surroundings every minute or so until the game begun. your school's team began to jog onto the court which you automatically looked for oikawa. he was smiling proudly while patting a few of his teammate's backs. you recognised a few other's as well like the orange head and iwaizumi.

for once, iwaizumi was actually quiet and focused on the game than anything.

you nibbled onto your bottom lip as you leaned closer with your arms wrapped around your own waist.