five.

"i think i've got a headache."

you huffed tiredly while sulkily walking up a flight of stairs to your next class. just as you reached the door to your maths class, the bell rung loudly.

deciding to enter, you found a seat at the back of the classroom. i swear if another fuck-head tries to beat me out of this seat... i already have a headache to deal with!

you crossed your arms over your abdomen as you kicked your legs up to your desk in front. classmates you recognised from previous classes passed by, finding their usual seats. although one boy in particular came up to you, playing with his fingers. he looked nervous for some reason. he had black messy hair that covered half of his acne dotted face and wore chunky black glasses.

"um, thats... thats my seat..." he spoke too quietly, forcing you to lean closer towards him with a sneered expression. he cleared his throat, "you're s-sitting in my spot."

"oh no, i heard you the first time. i just don't care," you gave him a false smile before turning away and to the front of the class, "find your own seat."

the boy sighed defeatedly before walking away. although, someone familiar managed to sit in front of you. it was kiyoko!

"hey again, y/n. that was quite an interesting scene at the gym," a small smile creeped to her face. is she mocking me right now?

you took your feet off your desk, leaning closer to kiyoko. "so... you're cousins?"

"wha-?" your eyelids dropped, giving kiyoko a clueless look, "who?"

— "you and kuroo?"

your eyebrows angled downwards in confusion before contemplating on how to answer. confirming it would excuse your little encounter with him but that would also mean you'd be forced to be friendly with him! "um, yeah..." you hunched your back in embarrassment, "we're cousins..." you managed in a robotic way.

"you must have been really happy to see him then," the blueberry eyed girl giggled, opening her textbook and clicking her pen. you remembered how it all happened, all because of your stupid shoelace.

"something like that yeah," you drifted off quietly, looking off to a wall awkwardly. this human was easy to talk to, which was new. she made a small noise in her throat to your obvious sarcasm.

come to think of it, kuroo also was a human depiction of himself. if you didn't know him, you'd believe he was just a normal human being.

all of a sudden, your head began to pulse painfully. a long hiss left your mouth as you rubbed your temples soothingly. kiyoko turned back to look at you, "what's wrong? got a headache?"

— "yeah... it's not too bad though."

the girl shook her head, pulling her chair back to rummage through her school bag. then, she placed a small package of tablets on top of your desk gently, "need water?"

"uh, sure," you answered, slowly picking up the packet. with a loud clunk, kiyoko placed her drink bottle on your desk as well.

"you can use mine," she assured kindly. you were taken aback a little. unsure of how to take this stuff.

drugs?