fourteen.

"goodbye ms iwaizumi!"

you smiled brightly as you ran out of the building. she replied back loudly. the only word you could make out was 'umbrella'.

your pace began to slow as you found hajime walking in front of you. already, you jogged up to him. "iwaizumi," you sternly grumbled, causing the male to stiff up.

laughs erupted from your lips at his reaction. but that soon disappeared as you saw his face.

he looked.

awful.

you shrieked, jumping back a little, "what the hell happened to you?!" you questioned with a scrunched up expression. the male exhaled loudly while his eye-bagged eyes turned to glare down at you.

"what do you think?!" he yelled while scratching his head in irritation, "that idiot threw a party on a school night," he answered grumpily. then you remembered how he was constantly downing drinks in his mouth with his friends.

you gave him a judgmental look, "that's what you get for being an alcoholic," you carelessly joked, nudging his elbow. the grumpy boy looked paler than ever, with eyebags and his cheekbones sinked in. he looked dead.

"shut up. don't act like you didn't drink anything," iwaizumi grumbled, slouching his posture. come to think of it, the beer with oikawa didn't phase you very much. "what did you and oikawa do anyways? he disappeared for half the party. oh..." he stopped in his tracks as his thick neck craned to you.

"what?" you obliviously pondered, eyebrows furrowing at the male's expression. he raised his eyebrows, zombified.

"is something going on between you two...?" he trailed off, averting his gaze to the road instead. you were left in confusion, holding onto your schoolbag a little tighter.

"uh... i don't know, i guess," you shrugged, admiring the concrete ground, "what's it to you?"

"never mind then!" he croaked, sticking his chin out irritatingly. you crossed your arms, glaring at him.

"fine!" you yelled back in the same tone. suddenly you remembered your time spent with oikawa the day before. it was the most intimate the two of you had been ever. you might have even earned your first kiss if it wasn't for your father interrupting you.

then you remembered the corset. him undressing it. oh wait. did i leave it at his house?

you rubbed your chin in thought, trying to recall. even if you did, he would bring it to you today, right?

suddenly the light from the sun disappeared, leaving your surroundings darkened. you curiously tilted your head upwards, meeting with a blanket of grey, heavy clouds covering the sky.

"woah, is it gonna rain today?" iwaizumi wondered, also checking out the weather's status above. your eyebrows furrowed slightly in uncertainty.

"it looks like it," you commented while your head was still craned up to the sky. how do you tell when it's going to rain?

without looking where you were going, you managed to trip over a bin and planted your face on the cold hard concrete. you wailed noisily, causing iwaizumi to immediately look at you. the male blinked a few times, confused at you laying on the ground before he bursted out laughing.

%%

kuroo didn't show up.

was he evading all contact with you on purpose?

how were you supposed to catch him when you don't even know his whereabouts. you stood up and scooted your chair backwards with a screech once the bell rung. the rest of your classmates exited from the classroom with you following behind. the class felt boring since oikawa wasn't in it.