ten.

it was later in the afternoon. you were walking back to your apartment in a hazy mood. nothing but tooru oikawa crossed your mind. it was like earlier was a dream to you.

you stumbled down the hilly, concrete sidewalk, holding your hands behind your back. soon enough, you reached the expected building.

"oi, y/n! how was staying back in class again?" taunted iwaizumi from behind the landlords desk. in a daze, you briskly skipped past the male and to the flight of stairs instead. the boy watched in confusion with one eyebrow raised.

you searched your school bag before finding the keys to your room. with a quick beep, you entered the apartment and threw your shoes off in a flash. then you messily walked to the glass sliding doors, shifting them open and walking out onto the small balcony. you sat down in silence, processing your moment with the cinnamon haired boy.

you'd fallen

so deeply in love with tooru oikawa.

the thoughts reminiscing with him brought you squealing like a child, kicking your legs and toppling over onto your side.

this is so humiliating!

then, you remembered. your father. in a day without him, you missed him like hell. negativity started to clouded your head, did you deserve to be this happy? did screaming at your father just to mess around with some human boy satisfy you? was it really worth breaking a deep bond to create some unworthy one?

you sat up straight, leaning against the balcony's white compacted railing. you blankly stared down onto the road below in the corner of your eye. you watched as traffic bunched up and disbursed. if he was just a human boy to you, why did you care so much?

he makes me happy.

so did your father.

a long, pent up sigh drifted through the air. how were you going to fix things with him.

— "my daughter..."

you jumped up to your feet with a radiant expression, "father?!"

your head shook.

"your mother, estopia," she answered. you clasped your hands over your mouth in disbelief. estopia. it had been so long since you were last called that.

"mother," you repeated, leaning over the railings with your arms hanging down, "i messed up."

"i know. i want to talk to you, my love," she sympathised with a soft tone. your eyes lightened at that.

"can you... tell him... i'm sorry?" you whispered in an uncertain voice.

— "sure."

"and tell him that i'll go through with this plan. i just... i got mad because of this boy," you drifted off. one of your hands gradually lifted upwards to cup a cheek of yours gently. your mother's touch. you leaned your head against your palm more, in want.

"sure. but, who is this boy?" she asked obliviously. you hunched in your position, looking off to the sunset. the clouds began to cover over the bright sun as the sky turned to a deep orange, airbrushed lightly with purple.