twenty.

oikawa's face was shocked at your sudden appearance. his eyebrow upturned in sadness as he saw your messed up state. you tearily hiccuped against his chest, using one of your fists to hit against him in frustration and confusion. your boyfriend couldn't do anything but hug you back and shush you softly.

"we always come running to look for each other and, see we always end up together," he spoke in a gentle tone while stroking the back of your head with his thumb. you nodded your head while trembling brokenly. the male craned his head downwards carefully to kiss the top of your head blissfully.

"i thought i'd never see you again..." you babbled through a sob. you still couldn't bare to look at the male in the eyes yet. you weren't ready. he reassured you he was here with you now and that everything was going to be okay.

"i c-can't stay here for long, oikawa. let's go back to my apartment, i need to calm down," you begged, letting your arms fall back to tour sides loosely. oikawa nodded while he interlocked his fingers with yours as the two of you entered the apartments building.

he slowly stepped up each stair with you, not rushing at all. once you both reached your apartment, you realised you'd left your key back in your handbag.

"oh. i'll go ask, iwa's grandma. stay here, okay?" he informed giving you a comforting gaze. finally, you looked back with your unknowingly large, black orbs. soon his footsteps echoed off into the distance.

you held onto the bottom of your biker's jacket, pulling it downwards as some kind of distraction. your fingernails were longer than usual.

your eyes pried open in horror as you reached up to feel piercing horns spiked up from your head. have i been in my demon state the whole time?!

you felt your expression dishearten to your dismay. but, you were confused on how oikawa wasn't phased. nobody was phased to be exact. no human went up to you thinking you were a freak. was it the dark night covering up your complexion or was it the genuine undaunted attitude people had towards you.

you unconsciously chewed on one nail anxiously until oikawa had run back to you. it wouldn't matter, the nail would grow back instantly anyways.

"here," oikawa soothingly glossed while he jingled the keys in front of you. he opened the door with a soft click afterwards. then, he made sure to hold it open just for you. your thick, black eyelashes glistened from the lights turning on inside.

"your mirror, it's gone," oikawa pointed out with his index finger towards the empty mirror frame

"your mirror, it's gone," oikawa pointed out with his index finger towards the empty mirror frame. you faced in the direction nonchalantly.

"i broke it. that's why," you bluntly answered, knowing the brunette wouldn't question further. you kicked off your boots loudly before throwing your dirtied jacket on the floor as well. then you worked your way towards your bedroom, stroking one side of the doorway before entering.