Prologue - Slyker Dynasty Falls

Blood flowed from the zenith of Mt. Furi. A pile of corpses was stacked almost as high as the mountain itself. And at the top of it was...

"Haah... haah..."

If seen in any other situation, one would probably identify the being atop the mountain as a beautiful dancer. This interpretation was not entirely incorrect - it was a dance of death.

*Bang bang bang bang* . . .

At tens, hundreds, no... almost thousands of times per second, the sounds of gunshots dissipated into the open sky as the woman spun around firing a myriad of weapons. Every gunshot was an explosion, and with every round, multiple corpses joined the ever-growing pile. Despite her best efforts, the pursuers never faltered. The number of people after her was endless.

However...

"I..."

*Bang bang bang* . . .

"WILL..."

*Bang bang bang* . . .

"NEVER..."

*Bang bang bang* . . .

"FALL."

As soon as she spoke these words, a giant explosion emanated from the peak of the mountain. It was as if the mountain was a dormant volcano that had erupted. This was her final move, one that would wipe out everything around her in an unprecedented radius. Nothing survived except for Mt. Furi itself. It was as if the corpses and blood from earlier were just an illusion. And of course, there was one other person. In the center of the blast radius, the woman stumbled and fell, her stamina drained.

"Did... I finally get rid of everyone..."

As she uttered these lines, she knew that she possibly raised a flag. So she gathered her willpower and remaining stamina to stand back up and search her surroundings.

Mt. Furi was vast. Even the peak was a kilometron in diameter. However, despite its large size, there was not a single life form remaining. All that remained was the Gun Swap Goddess herself. She didn't have any doubts about her ultimate ability, but she couldn't help but feel uneasy. The freezing gale howled in the empty space at the peak of the mountain, adding to the unnerving atmosphere. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't detect anybody nearby. However, she knew this was impossible. Because...

*THWACK.*

A dagger landed squarely in her back, and the woman toppled over in a manner unbefitting of her title.

"Fae Sol... no. Gun Swap Goddess."

A male voice came from behind her, and she was unable to detect the being approaching her. This meant it was a counter-class being, most likely an assassin-type, on par with herself. There weren't many that could match this criterion, but she expected something like this to happen. Ironically, the countless people sent after her were merely throwaways. However, against the Gun Swap Goddess, this number was necessary in order to drain her stamina. And now, a real threat had arrived.

"What... do you want?"

Fae attempted to rise off the ground, but no matter how hard she tried, only her fingers twitched. It was a fast-acting poison that could even paralyze the Gun Swap Goddess herself, which meant that it was one of the highest-level assassins in existence using one of the highest-grade poisons. Unfortunately, this information was not enough to identify the killer.

"Of course... I won't give it to you... no matter how much you plead..."

"The Slyker Dynasty must fall."

"...!"

*What?*

At this, Fae Sol... no, Jisha Slyker, felt fear for the first time in a while. Her eyes widened. Did she hear that correctly?