7v18 Confrontation

"... we did it?"

"Yup, we did it."

"... All right!!"

It wasn't a large victory by any means. After all, the Clan was way more likely to win with 7 players ambushing 3. If they somehow lost, they would be better off quitting VR games forever.However, the victory was a significant one. It was their first win in a new world.

Yes. In that moment, what was supposed to be a game truly felt like another world. Of course, because it was ultimately a game, the Clan didn't feel any remorse about taking a life; it was simply a player that would eventually respawn and go about their day. But their immersion in the world was deep. Synergy was almost blurring the lines between fact and fiction - this is what the Clan felt.

*These feelings, this battle, this victory, and this world... They might as well be real. We've opened a new door for ourselves.*

To Bren, this situation was very real and had real consequences in his life. Virtual reality was his second reality.

However, they didn't have much time to celebrate. Bren quickly noticed an anomaly.

*The experience bar has filled up way slower than I thought it would.*

Bren thought they would only need to kill a couple of players to level up to 1, but it seemed like the experienced gained from killing players in a War Zone had been reduced significantly.

*I think we can still do it.*

Bren made a quick calculation and determined that it would still be worth it to continue fighting players.

*It'll still be significantly faster than any other method.*

In fact, Bren didn't know of any other methods to level up from 0 to 1 quickly, so this was indeed better than the default route of simply waiting for the experience bar to fill up.

*Since there's nothing we can do about it, we just have to be happy with what we've got.*

"Alright, clan. Pick up all of their weapons. For ranged units, the extra pellets will be handy. As for melees-"

"Hey, Bren. Check this out."

"Oh? Is there something else within the loot?"

"Yea... It looks like the guy running away was carrying a ton of food. Actually, it looks like it could even be 30 coppers' worth..."

The clan was collectively dumbfounded and grateful. Who would spend their entire bank account on food? Not to mention that it looked to be 30 coppers' worth of food, which meant that all three players had spent their entire starting cash on foodstuffs.