Shahar's Daughter

As the tunnel of black passed by, Jisha found herself standing in a serene plain. On her right was a village with under twenty buildings. It was a small village - a hamlet. On her left, the plains were vast. Green grass grew as far as the eye could see. Wildflowers of various colors occasionally sprouted in sparse locations. Trees were also few and far between. As Jisha surveyed her surroundings, indescribable feelings welled up within her.

*I'm truly back...*

It was confirmation of her return that stimulated her. This was truly the Uval Hamlet, Fae Sol's original spawn location 11 long years ago.

A resolve that was previously absent was kindled within her.

*I'm going to change.*

Jisha had lived a life with little regret. She believed that decisions built one's character. You wouldn't be who you were today if it weren't for what you've done in the past. In addition to this, it was impossible to go and change the past, so Jisha figured it was useless to dwell on it. She was also privileged from birth, and she was grateful for her circumstances. These reasons were why she didn't truly have any regrets. However...

*Something went wrong.*

If her life was perfect, why did it have to come crashing down without warning? What exactly happened?

*My life was perfect except for the fact that our dynasty collapsed. Is that a joke?*

After witnessing these events, Jisha naturally felt deep regret for the first time. Due to this, she gained new resolve. She wasn't going to live idly like she had in the past - she was going to take every step with purpose. She wasn't going to let the same thing happen again.

*And to do that, I need strength.*

The path was clear. Jisha was sent back in time with vast knowledge of Synergy and the future of Etmos. All she had to do was exploit everything.

With a deep breath, Jisha stepped towards the hamlet.

---

The hamlet was sparsely populated. There were various NPCs wandering about, but the player population was little to none. Though Synergy was a long-awaited release, the player base at launch was a drop in the bucket compared to what it would become. In addition to this, hamlets were everywhere. In fact, 11 years into the procedurally generated world of Synergy, there might have even been more hamlets than players. It was due to this simple fact that Jisha only saw a few players.

She decided to open her status window to see what it looked like.

*>Status Window*

*>Name: Fae Sol*

*>Class: Ranged*

*Level: 0*

*>HP: 10*

*>Atk: 1*

*>Def: 0*

It was the body that every player character spawned with. Regardless of whether you selected melee or ranged, everyone started with this blank slate. Minimal hit points, attack and defense, as well as no skills to work with. In addition, magic didn't exist within Synergy until level 5, so stats like MP and magic attack were hidden.

Jisha decided to open her inventory.

*>Inventory*

*>Ranged Starter Pellet: 50*

The Ranged Starter Pellet was a cruel item. They were black spheres whose diameters were half of a human palm. They inflicted one point of true damage minimum upon contact with an enemy, and it disappeared immediately upon use. They couldn't be found or purchased and only appeared in a Ranged character's starter inventory. These pellets were Jisha's starting weapon. They were projectiles that could be launched by any means necessary. These seemed to be her only option in combat, but she was going to save as many as possible.