Brookie's Wish

For the first time on this journey, Jisha took the map out of her inventory to inspect it.

*Hmm... Looks like I've veered slightly off course.*

When Jisha originally purchased the map from the frontier shop, it had been a blank parchment. However, after activating it, all of the areas she had visited were slowly colored in.

As of now, most of the paper was still white. Starting in the middle, there was a group of buildings that could only represent the Uval Hamlet. From there, there was a thick line of green due west jutting out from the middle.

Jisha traced the line with her finger.

*And this is where I found the Corrupted Land.*

The straight green line became purple and was bent at roughly a 25 degree angle towards the south. The purple line wasn't straight, though; every detour Jisha had taken in order to find the center of the Corrupted Land had been accurately mapped out, taking her even further south.

*Alright. This way, then.*

Jisha was in a forest, but she could still see where the sun was due to the sparseness of the trees. Using the position of the sun as a pseudo compass, she reoriented herself and sprinted what originally would have been due west.

*It's convenient that stamina is not a thing yet.*

She wouldn't have been able to sprint nonstop for this long if it was.

As one leveled up, more and more hidden stats would be revealed, complicating the game further. Stamina was one of those hidden stats.

Similar to how magic and Attack Speed didn't exist before level 5, Stamina didn't exist until level 10. And even then, it was very lenient. The more you leveled up, the harder it became to level up further. This wasn't only because the experience required to level up increased each level; there were other factors involved.

One such factor was the increasing difficulty and intelligence of higher-leveled mobs. Killing lower-leveled common mobs would not grant you sufficient experience to level up in a reasonable amount of time, so you needed to kill higher-leveled mobs to level up at the same rate. As they leveled up, monsters not only got basic stat boosts, but intelligence upgrades as well.

Current monsters were dumb enough to kill using traditional methods, such as smacking them in the face until they die. For Jisha, it was as if she were a high-ranked VMA player creating a new, low-ranked second account to stomp newbies. It was at least a little fun, otherwise people wouldn't do it.

Another such factor, as mentioned earlier, was Stamina leniency. More and more actions would consume Stamina at higher levels. This meant that potential exploration time would be decreased. You would have to rest more often since you would die if you ran out of Stamina.

Being able to run at a full sprint nonstop was useful and exhilarating, and Jisha wanted to abuse this mechanic as much as possible.

*This experience is something you can't get anywhere else!*

Jisha had a bright smile on her face as she continued sprinting through the forest.

---

"I still can't believe we actually got driven out. That's so pathetic."

"Cut it out, will you? I've kept saying it's not our fault that only two of us were dispatched to that hamlet."

"I know, but still... We didn't even get to evolve our class. I can't believe I'm stuck throwing these stupid black balls. This game sucks. Other than being extremely realistic, it has no redeeming qualities. Why are we even-"