Crushing Covan's Auction (3)

*>+1,000 Copper*

Another cash deposit entered Jisha's coin pouch.

When the crowd heard the name "Beyonder" uttered by the NPC, another hubbub commenced.

"Lujen? Isn't that the leader of Shock Collar?"

"Lujen is a Beyonder?"

"Is there something special about him that none of us knew?"

"... Are Beyonders players?"

Most players had begun to figure out the true meaning of the word, but some were still skeptical.

"How can a player have a level 5 item already?"

"Maybe Beyonders are just special types of NPCs?"

"... Then Lujen has just been an NPC this whole time?"

*Well, it doesn't matter who wants to believe what. At the end of the day, I'm the one getting paid.*

*>Hutian Crest: Dammit, we should have bid on it. The NPCs seem like they're going crazy for this item.*

*>Censer: Maybe...*

Jisha silently observed the group chat once more. She disagreed with their sentiment; she pondered how good the buyer's foresight skills were.

*Decent, maybe?*

As a regressor with perfect foresight, it was difficult to accurately judge. But if the reason Lujen had purchased the dagger was to flip it for a higher price later, he would be in for a world of hurt.

In an ordinary game, the following logic would apply:

Assuming Lujen was a beta player, he would have seen other villages and towns in Synergy. The further one progressed towards the center of the continent, the higher the cost of living would be. Thus, higher-tiered locations were more wealthy. These wealthier NPCs would buy the dagger from Lujen at a price far higher than 1,000 Copper.

*But Synergy is not that simple.*

This dagger was a highly valued item among even the NPCs of this small hamlet. There was no telling what fickle methods they might employ to claim the dagger. In addition, news from the auction would spread to other locations in the game world. Higher-leveled NPCs would hear about this auction and about who purchased the item. It was possible for Lujen to be hunted down and killed before he even knew what hit him...

Of course, in ordinary circumstances, high-level NPCs would not be interested in low-level auctions. However, the item this time was too extraordinary!

Jisha sighed as she pitied Lujen's fate.

After the crowd quieted down once more, the cart rolled off stage and returned with another item. When the players saw this item, they didn't think much of it.

But when the auctioneer NPC picked the item up and gave her monologue...

"This is the second item of a Beyonder! Though it's an ordinary slingshot, the fact that it's the second item a Beyonder is selling will give it great value! This bid starts at 40 Copper!"

... they were stunned!

The NPCs in the audience fervently began bidding once more.

"50 Copper!"

"60 Copper!"

"70 Copper!"

...

*>Simulator Child: What the hell?*