Uval Cemetery

*I may have broken the system.*

Another aspect of Synergy that was more refined than its counterparts was NPC behavior. Though they weren't indistinguishable from real people yet, they were pretty close. Because of this, quests that were acknowledged by the system were granted by NPCs, not the other way around.

Jisha exploited her previous life's knowledge to break into a chain quest - a quest with multiple parts. Originally, one was supposed to speak with Razor's descendants in the center of the continent, learn about Shahar's adopted daughter, Lilliana, and retrieve the items she kept in Shahar's stead. This was not a combat-based chain quest, so Fae Sol didn't have to raise her level to gain strength. In fact, the hardest parts of the quests were gaining access to Razor's descendants and raising Lilliana's favorability which Jisha either neglected or breezed through.

One might wonder why Razor or his descendants didn't give anything tangible to those who completed the first parts quest to verify completion. This was because Razor's values lay in mind over matter; he was a basically a monk who valued unorthodox knowledge concerning strength. His teachings were obscure bits of knowledge and strange martial arts techniques.

Lilliana bombarded Jisha with questions and conversation topics related to Razor and Shahar, and Jisha navigated through the interrogation with ease.

"Looks like Father was right. I've waited for so long for someone worthy enough to show up, and in the end, you came. Here is the key to one of Father's greatly treasured items. I'm sure you can keep it safe."

With that, Jisha received a circular token with the engraving of a phoenix flying towards a crescent moon. It was Shahar's emblem.

*>System message: Quest Received.*

*>Name: Grave Robbery*

*>Description: The adopted daughter of the late Shahar has given you the key to a certain tombstone. Open it to see what's inside.*

*>Rating: F*

"That token unlocks a tombstone in the cemetery. I'm sure you can figure out which one it is."

"Thanks. It was a pleasure to speak with Shahar's daughter. Oh, and here's 4 Copper for the meal."

"No, don't worry about it. It's on the house. It's only 4 Copper after all."

"Alright, then. We shall see each other again some time."

After their long conversation, Jisha left the eatery. Even though it may not have looked like it, Fae Sol was actually quite poor. This was a given since she was just a starting character. That one meal would have cost her 40% of her bank account. Even if she had to pay for it, though, it would still have been worth it. Because...

*This is exactly what I needed.*

The token she had received was worth far more than 4 Copper. In fact, it would be difficult to put a price on it at all. Without delay, Jisha rushed over to the hamlet's cemetery.

As she walked, Jisha looked over her direct messages. Syny was still bombarding her inbox.

*>Synycal: Uval Hamlet?*

*>Synycal: Where even is that? Let me check the map...*

*>Synycal: Wait. You selected the Uval Hamlet as your spawn location?*

*>Synycal: Do you even know how far that is from the Erian Hamlet?*

*>Synycal: You and I. Literally decided to choose the Erian Hamlet. And you run off and choose that on your own?*

*>Synycal: Do you realize it's almost NOT EVEN IN THE SAME COUNTRY, YOU IDIOT???*

Honestly, Jisha had no response to this question. Before Synergy was released, the developers leaked the map of the known world. It had no information on it except for the names of every major location. It was purely for social purposes so people could decide their spawn points together. However, Jisha had ignored it in both lives. Even this made her feel nostalgic.