Crushing Covan's Auction (5)

Across the audience, Jisha spotted a very frustrated man.

*So that's the leader of Shock Collar, huh...*

She smiled when she imagined the anger he was feeling.

*I'm not a sadist, but...*

Jisha couldn't get enough of winning battles while watching her opponents' mental state break down. And this auction was a battle of its own kind.

The cart wheeled out the sixth item. Jisha looked over at Lujen who was completely focused on the item.

Before the auctioneer even said a word, the group chat exploded.

*>Censer: Is that what I think it is?*

*>Aphro Expo: Yeah. We definitely need that.*

*>Dolphin Killer: We need it more!*

*Hm...*

Jisha could see why the crowd was so hyped for this item...

"Here's the only omni-class item of the day! Boosting all attack potential by a significant percentage until level 10, please welcome our Rudimentary Strength Bracelets! The bid will start at 100 Copper!"

... but to her, it was pretty useless.

Items that boosted stats by a percentage were great, but they usually had a level cap. For example, these attack-enhancing bracelets would only be equip-able until level 10. After that, they'd be useless. And for Jisha, level 10 was something she was planning to hit tonight. In other words, it would become obsolete for her in a few hours!

*But my... er - "allies" - are already in a bidding frenzy...*

The audience, in the meantime, was just as lively as the group chat.

"500 Copper!"

"520 Copper!"

"570 Copper!"

"650 Copper!"

...

But as the price soared to new heights, some of fiery passion began to extinguish.

*>Simulator Child: If the bid exceeds 1000 Copper, we should probably give up on it, right? We need to save some money to buy other items. Especially the final one.*

*>Hutian Crest: Are you serious? Even if you don't want to bid on it, I will!*

*>Censer: Dude, we *must* claim the final item over Shock Collar. And all of our money is in the same pot. Or else what was the point of this alliance anyway?*

*>Hutian Crest: Right, right. My mistake...*

"900 Copper!"

...

With this bid from the audience, the shouting from earlier dissolved into murmurs. It seemed like nobody wanted to go any higher until...

"1000 Copper."

... Lujen's clear voice pierced the air.

Some people in the audience gasped. After all, Shock Collar had already spent 1,000 Copper in this event and wanted to spend another thousand! Just how rich were they?

*>Censer: Alright, we're not bidding. Save the money!*

*>Aphro Expo: I guess it hurts, but we have to see Shock Collar take this item...*

*>Simulator Child: Fae Sol. How much money do we have left to bid?*

Jisha, who was reading the chat as well as paying attention to the audience, was surprised that this question had come up again so late.