Why I'm Called the Gun Swap Goddess

*-0*

*-0*

*-0*

*-0*

*-0*

It wasn't just Castle. Stein, Cargo Biscuit, Quaterniana... Everyone was confused as to what happened. Castle used a Fracasier skill which threw out 5 quick punches. This should have caused a massive amount of damage to an undefended target. However, "-0" repeatedly floated in the air.

"What?"

Fae Sol was holding a dagger.

This was so unexpected that even those in the middle of attacking abruptly stopped.

And in that brief moment...

*-177*

*>Quaterniana: Slingshotter downed...*

Fae Sol swapped back to a slingshot and fired.

The melees recognized that the slingshot was on cooldown. However...

*-0*

*-0*

*-0*

...

What should have been an opening wasn't there!

*-152*

*>Quaterniana: Mage downed. I don't want to get targeted. I'm retreating.*

*What's happening?*

Stein felt dizzy. Not only was the opponent in front of him still unharmed, she had also simultaneously picked off their entire backline...

*... while in melee combat?*

It didn't make any sense.

"How are you doing thaaaaaaaaat?!"

It wasn't certain whether he was referring to accurate slingshot snipes or the dagger-parried attacks, but he tried flailing some basic attacks in Fae Sol's general direction. However, these rage-induced attacks without any thought behind them could not do any damage.

"Haha... You want to know?"

A relaxed girl's voice contrasted the tense atmosphere.

"Watch carefully!"

As much as they didn't want to fall for the enemy's tricks, Stein, Castle, and the 3 other melees couldn't help but obey that voice.

They were too curious. But as the saying goes... curiosity killed... a melee unit in this instance.

*-189*

Since Quaterniana, the final Mage, had retreated, Fae Sol targeted a nearby player. But Stein wasn't paying attention to that. What he was more curious about was how it was happening!

His observation wasn't in vain.

In an instant, just as the slingshot was off cooldown... Fae Sol un-equipped the dagger and equipped the slingshot. She fired the slingshot and un-equipped it, and re-equipped the dagger. And using that dagger, she was parrying any attacks she couldn't dodge...

*That's possible?*

It was akin to "animation cancelling" in various other games, but it seemed slightly different. Stein wasn't 100% sure, but this was how he interpreted Fae Sol's series of actions:

1. Fire slingshot.

2. Slingshot goes on cooldown.

3. Unequip slingshot, equip dagger.

4. Use dagger while slingshot is on cooldown.

5. Swap back to slingshot.

The problem was, though a slingshot's basic attack cooldown was long... it was still a basic attack. They had a far lesser cooldown than skills. In other words, this "swapping" process was happening very quickly. Not only that, but the user needed to weave the moves of differing weapons together so they could flow well...