Gathering Allies

The "battle" of Covan was coming to an end, and there was one clear winner.

"Are you kidding me..."

"They monopolized those damn quests and took everything good!"

"Maybe there's a chance we can still secure some items at the auction, but it looks like the best ones will go to them..."

Yes, *them*, the singular org that managed to take everything important from everyone else.

Shock Collar reigned supreme while many others remained dejected.

However, there were 3 players scurrying around striking up conversations with zeal.

"Hello, I'm from Ravaging Crows," Jiel told the nearest player who looked to be the commander of a small group. "How about we band together to take down Shock Collar?"

"What, are you crazy? How are we going to do that?"

Obviously, the small group's commander wasn't thrilled at the proposition. However, that changed when Jiel shared a snapshot of a coin pouch...

*>Copper: 520*

When the commander saw this, his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Haha, what's that? You don't know how we're going to do it? Doesn't this answer your question? This is only one of our members' coin pouches, so this isn't even all we have. If you want to join us, collect all the money you have from your members and give it to me," Jiel commanded.

"What? Why would I do that?"

To the commander, this "order" wasn't even worthy enough to consider. Giving up all of your money? No one in their right mind would do that...

"Because if you don't, we'll outbid you on every item you want. You'll walk away from the auction with nothing."

"... That's not possible. There's no way you have enough money for that!" the commander denied.

"You think I'm making an empty threat? We have more money than you think we do. Like I said, that's simply the pouch of one of our members, and we have 20."

"What...!"

"Shhh... there's no need to be startled. You see the independent players around you? Which of them are a part of the Ravaging Crows? There's no way for you to know. If you don't accept our offer, not only will you lose out on valuable items, but you may suffer unintended consequences when you try to set foot into the frontier..."

The commander shivered.

"W- Wait a moment. I'll discuss this with the team..."

"Oh? Was that not convincing enough?"

"N- No, it's just-"

"Then how about this? Remember how we said we have 20 members? That's just counting the members of the Ravaging Crows. It doesn't count the other small orgs we've joined up with. We've already collected their cash, too. Didn't I tell you? We have more money than you think we do."

"Shit!"

The commander frantically messaged his subordinates in a group chat.

*>Hutian Crest: Everyone, listen up! Give me all of your funds NOW! Here's what's going on...*

The commander gathered the funds and sent them over to Jiel's account.

"Copper received. Thanks for your cooperation," Jiel said with a smile. "Please add the player named Fae Sol to your friends list if you want to see this money again."

With that, he quickly departed.

Jiel, Brusse, and Declan were all doing the same thing to a number of groups around the hamlet, and by now their coin pouches were bigger than ever before.