Goals Aligned

Inkling Village was much larger than either of the hamlets Jisha had visited thus far; it took her almost 10 minutes of sprinting simply to reach the eastern border. The eastern gate appeared to be guarded more heavily than its western counterpart; this was because the eastern border was deemed more dangerous, if not the most dangerous, border of the Village. After all, this was the side that faced the center of the continent. Mobs, terrain, and other conditions would naturally be more dangerous on this side.

Exiting the Village was much simpler than entering it since Jisha already owned a "visa" that allowed simple passage through the gates. With another smile and wave at the border guards, she stepped foot into the frontier once more.

The wilderness between Villages and Towns was more arduous than the one between Hamlets and Villages; this was only natural. The serene, lush plains near Uval would never be the standard again. If one came across lush plains in the late game, it was either a massive blessing or a severe curse.

As Jisha ran through the forest, the density of trees began to thicken. And with the terrain increasing in difficulty, the number of mobs attacking her increased as well. Compared to facing less than one mob per minute out of Uval, the several mobs per minute around Inkling was definitely a change of pace. However, Jisha only needed several shots at most to dispatch each of the Common and Uncommon mobs in the area.

*>+7 Copper*

*>+14 Copper*

*>+8 Copper*

...

And this time, she wasn't conservative with her ammo. She'd stocked up on some cheap slingshot pellets; the Golden Slingshot's generous Attack Damage easily made up for the cheap pellets' mediocre quality.

Her experience bar steadily climbed.

95%...

96%...

97%...

98%...

99%...

*>System Message: Level up!*

*>Name: Fae Sol*

*>Class: Slingshotter*

*>Level: 7 -> 8 (+1)*

*>HP: 111 -> 113 (+2)*

*>MP: 111 -> 113 (+2)*

*>AD: 11 -> 11 (+0) + 50*

*>AP: 55 -> 56 (+1)*

*>AS: 1 - 0.5*

*>AR: 0*

*>MR: 0*

Every time Jisha saw this notification, her heart would flutter with excitement. In the future she was from, seeing this notification was a rarity. She wasn't used to seeing it happen so often.

*Gotta relish this feeling... It'll only get less common from here.*

In the end game, even leveling up once a week was a spectacular feat.

Jisha sighed when she contemplated this. The changes the world went through in the coming decade were so radical that this current existence seemed nearly unrecognizable.

*>+16 Copper*

*>+9 Copper*

*>+14 Copper*

...

Grinding low-level mobs was easier than breathing for Jisha, so she had ample time to contemplate her existence.

It was easy to forget things that happened in the past; reliving it in the moment was a completely difference experience than simply reminiscing.