Leaving Covan

Brookie watched as the 7 leaders walked off without any consequences. Though he trusted Fae Sol, he was a bit confused as to why she would do such a thing.

"Aren't you going to do anything about them?" he asked.

Fae Sol turned to him and said, "Then have 1 week to gather the funds and pay up. If they don't, well... The interest will keep piling up, week after week. If they can't pay, I'm sending them back to level 0!"

Brookie wasn't quite sure how she'd manage to do that, but he believed she could if she tried. So he didn't ask any further questions. After all, though he wasn't level 5 yet, he was a Sun Dragon now.

---

Before the first item of the auction was introduced, Brookie decided to open a direct message with Fae Sol.

*>Brookie: I want to join you.*

*>Fae Sol: Oh? What do you mean?*

*>Brookie: I mean I want to join your guild when possible. I heard you need to be level 5 to join one. So when I hit level 5, let me in.*

*>Fae Sol: ... Aren't you highly ranked in your current guild? Are you sure you want to do this?*

*>Brookie: I've never been more sure.*

*>Fae Sol: So you'll listen to my orders? Even when they seem unreasonable?*

*>Brookie: Yes.*

*>Fae Sol: Alright... If you follow my orders until the auction ends, I'll let you in.*

*>Brookie: I'm prepared.*

*>Fae Sol: Okay! Leave your guild.*

*>Brookie: What?*

*>Fae Sol: You heard me. Leave your guild!*

He had expected some harsh orders, but Brookie never expected that the very first order he would receive from his new guild master would be to immediately betray his comrades. However, he was willing to do anything to join forces with someone with massive strength!

*>Brookie: ... Done.*

*>Fae Sol: Good. Now, you will not bid in this auction.*

*>Brookie: ... ugh...*

*>Fae Sol: Trust me, you don't want to. Or will you crumble on your second ever order?*

The second order was just as harsh. He definitely wanted to pick up an item or two at this auction, but the sole purpose of being here was now destroyed. But he had to comply.

*>Brookie: ... Yes ma'am.*

*>Fae Sol: Good!*

---

And as Brookie heard Fae Sol's words regarding the "debt" the org leaders had placed themselves in, he realized why she had ordered him not to bid.

According to Fae Sol, some of them owed her Silverium, and Hutian Crest even owed her Aurite. Not being a beta player, Brookie didn't even know what these denominations meant, but he was certain they were worth a lot.

He looked over at Jiel who was likely thinking the same thing as he was.

Fae Sol turned to Jiel and said, "You didn't bid, so here's your money back, plus a little extra. Buy yourself a nice meal, hm?" She gave him a sweet smile. "Our business here is done. If you want to keep me on your friends list, that's fine, but I'm not sure we'll meet again."

"... Alright. Thanks for everything. See you around."

Jiel sensed that she wanted them to leave, so he took his two clanmates and headed elsewhere.