Village Benefits

When one stepped into a Village for the first time, they would notice some obvious differences from Hamlets. Aside from the obvious fact that Hamlets didn't appear to be guarded, Hamlets didn't have residential areas. Most of the businesses in Hamlets thrived from tourism and the fact they were frontier outposts, and this "tourism" would only increase as more and more players entered the game. Even though this place was simply called a "Village", a residential and "downtown" area were clearly defined.

This place seemed more like an organic settlement rather than a collection of NPCs.

*Now for a couple of things I came here to do...*

Since Villages were larger than Hamlets and had larger NPC populations, the number of specialized professions among NPCs was slightly higher than that of Hamlets. While Hamlets only really had basic amenities, Villages offered a small bit of luxuries as well as more advanced necessities.

Jisha strolled into the "downtown" area of the Village. Foot traffic was a bit more dense than Hamlets as pedestrians and NPCs with tamed monsters roamed the streets. The player population appeared to be a bit greater than Hamlets as well.

But how was this the case? Unless one were a beta player or had insider information, they would be roaming randomly in the wilderness until they came across a settlement. In fact, most players were still in this category despite the fact that the developers leaked a map with basic information before the game's release.

This was due to the simple fact that Villages were less common than Hamlets. Players who spawned in Hamlets would eventually find their way to the nearest Village, and multiple Hamlets funneled into a single Village. For example, those who spawned in Uval or Covan would both eventually end up in Inkling Village.

*First order of business is inventory expansion. Then we'll get some more ammo and basic frontier exploration gear.*

By default, players could only carry 12 different types of items before their inventory was full. But, the shop Jisha headed into, dubbed "Mark's Backpacks", offered multiple options for inventory expansion.

"Welcome to Mark's Backpacks. Is there anything we can help you find today?" asked the NPC who was just inside the doorway.

"I'll be fine, thanks. I know what I'm getting," Jisha said as she refused help.

This was another difference between Villages and Hamlets as well; Village shops seemed to be more well-employed. Mark's Backpacks could even afford to have an employee greet customers!

The store wasn't that big, but the upgrade sizes surprised her. Strangely enough, a mere Village had excellent options!

All sorts of backpacks were hung up on the walls and displayed on shelves. The look of the store was a bit more modern than those of Hamlet frontier shops; one might even see a store with a layout like this in real life.

And on those shelves and walls lay a colorful assortment of wares.

*>Name: Miniature Green Backpack*

*>+5 Inventory Slots*

*>Name: Miniature Orange Backpack*

*>+6 Inventory Slots*

*>Name: Miniature Cyan Backpack*

*>+7 Inventory Slots*

Though the deals on these items were superb, Jisha wasn't going to waste a single Copper. She was going to find the best option available. The further back she headed into the shop, the pricier and grander the backpacks became. Finally, at the back wall, the best available items presented themselves.