Colter

By 1899, the age of outlaws and gunslingers was at an end. America was becoming a land of laws…Even the west had mostly been tamed. A few gangs still roamed but they were being hunted down and destroyed.

A small caravan of wagons is slowly moving through the cold mountains, at night as the wind blows. Only a few dim lanterns light the way, a man in snow-covered clothes is approaching one of the wagons. "Abigail says he's dying, Dutch. We'll have to stop some place." The red haired man, Swanson, tells the dark haired man, Dutch Van Der Linde. "Okay. Arthur's out looking, I sent him up ahead." Dutch informs Swanson, who nods and walks to the back.

"If we don't stop soon, we'll all be dying. This weather, it's May...I'm just hoping the law got as lost as we did." The older man, Hosea Mathews, tells Dutch. Up ahead, there was a figure on a horse who was holding a lantern. "There." Dutch said and he stops the wagon as the figure comes closer.

"Arthur! Any luck?" Dutch asked and the figure raises his head to face his friends. This is Arthur Morgan. "I found a place where we can get some shelter. Let Davey rest while he...you know. An old mining town, abandoned, it ain't far. Come on." Arthur said as he turns his horse around and leads the group. "Come on!" Dutch yells and the wagons began to follow Arthur through the wind and snow.

Minutes later, the gang finally make their way to the abandoned town and the group started to get out of the wagons and unload as Hosea walks into one of the intact buildings. He raises his lantern to make sure nothing was around before he turns back to the door. "Bring him in here!" He shouts and everyone starts to walk in, including two members carrying a body in.

They set him on the table and one woman, Abigail Roberts, walks up to the body to make sure if he was still alive. "Miss Gaskill, get that fire lit. Miss Jones, bring in whatever blankets we have. Mr Pearson, see what we've got in terms of food." An old woman, Susan Grimshaw, ordered and those people began to scramble as the others come in, including one woman, with (h/c) hair and (e/c), ushering two little kids in.

This woman was (y/n) (l/n) and the kids consisted of one boy named Jack, who is Abigail's son, and a young girl, (y/n)'s daughter, Annabeth. Both of them were of the age of four. (Y/n) had just gotten the kids inside, away from the blistering cold winds, when Abigail turns to everyone.

"Davey's dead." She said and everyone stands in shocked silence. "There was...nothing more you could have done." Swanson said ànd everyone takes a moment of silence before Swanson places coins over Davey's eyes.

"What are we gonna do? We need supplies." Hosea said to Dutch. "Well, first of all, you're gonna stay here...and you are gonna get yourself warm. Now I sent John and Micah out scouting ahead. Arthur and I, we're gonna ride out and see if we can find one of them." Dutch tells him and Arthur turns to Dutch.

"In this?" He asked as he gestures to the front door, the wind still screaming strong. "Just for a short bit. And I don't see what other choice we have." Dutch said to Arthur before he turns his attention to the group.

"Listen. Listen to me, all of you, for a moment." He calls out and everyone looks over at Dutch. "Now we've had...a bad couple of days. I loved Davey and Jenny. Sean and Mac...they maybe okay....we don't know. But we've lost some folks." He said before he takes a breath.

"Now, if I could throw myself in the ground in their stead...I'd do it, gladly. But we're gonna ride out and we're gonna find some food. Everybody, we're safe now. There ain't nobody following us through a storm like this one and by the time they get here...well, we're gonna...we're gonna be long gone. We've been through worse than this before." Dutch said and he looks over to a couple of his people.