The Bridge To Nowhere

It was high noon when Arthur made his way back to the camp and was heading to (y/n), to check on her, when Micah comes up to him. "Hey, Arthur. Marston has taken the dynamite to Bacchus Bridge, and Dutch wants you to go help him." Micah said and Arthur scoffs. "Why don't you?" Arthur asked him, annoyed. "Dutch and I have got planning to do for the train. There's a big picture here, Arthur." Micah said before he chuckles.

"Fine...but I need to check on something first." Arthur said and Micah raises his hands. "Of course, of course. Gotta go check on the little woman." Micah said, in a mocking voice, and Arthur scowls at this and as he walks past him, he slams his shoulder against Micah's. Micah laughs while Arthur walks over to (y/n), who was at their tent drawing in her journal.

She looks up, once hearing footsteps, and sees him coming and she gives a smile to him. "Hey, you're alive." She said as she closes her journal and stands up. "Course." He said then they embrace each other.

"Charles told me what happened. How did it go with Rains Fall?" She asked him. "It went well, all things considering. And now I gotta go help John at Bacchus Bridge and then go meet up with Captain Monroe to help out Rains Fall's people then I'm gonna have to go meet up with Dutch..." Arthur said and (y/n) frowns.

"Oh, Arthur...sounds like you're working yourself to death." She said. "Well, I wanna get this done as fast as I can, so that we can get outta here." Arthur replied. "But you're running yourself ragged. Maybe...I should help..." she said. "No, I don't want you in harm's way, to where something happens to you or the baby." Arthur said as he places his hands on her belly.

"But you need some sort've help, Arthur. Either that or a day off." (Y/ n) said and Arthur let's out a chuckle. "Like I said, I don't want you in any danger..." he said and (y/n) places her hands on her hips. "Well then, fine, cowboy. How 'bout you meet me in Saint Denis tonight? We can go to a show and just have fun." (Y/n) said, and a small smile forms on Arthur's face. "You know what? That sounds good." He said and she giggles a bit.

"C'mere." Arthur said to her as he takes her hand and pulls her towards him. (Y/n) places her hands on his chest as he wraps his arms around her waist and the two share a loving kiss. Once their kiss was done, Arthur pulls back and says. "I, unfortunately, have to go. I just came here to check on you, see if you're ok." 

(Y/n) smiles and nods at him. "Okay." She whispers then she leans up and kissed him again. "Don't forget to meet me in Saint Denis." She reminds him as they pull out of their embrace. "I'd never forget you." Arthur said and she chuckles as he goes over to his horse and heads out for the day.

"Arthur." John greets once Arthur walks up to him. "How are you doing?" asked Arthur. "Nervous. But I've been nervous for a while." John said and they were about to light their cigarettes but stopped when they realize they were near the dynamite.

"I had a lot of time to think in that jail and feel like I just don't know Dutch no more." John explains as they toss aside their cigarettes. "You ain't the only one." Arthur said. "And this plan to get us out. It just feels...I don't know." John said, shrugging. "Like he's stringing us along? I know." Arthur said and John nods.

"Killing in cold blood, revenge. We all do bad things, but he seems to enjoy it now. It's like, he just wants to create more enemies, more chaos." John said as he goes to load the dynamite boxes on railroad car. "Yeah, I know." Arthur said as he helps. "I mean, I love Dutch. He saved me a long time ago. I feel like in Saint Denis when I got arrested, maybe he could have done something." John said as Arthur listens.

"I feel like you should take your woman and child and get lost." He said and John turns to him. "Do you?" He asked. "You can....You could give something to Jack. It's that or...Well, I don't see no way outta this." Arthur said.