Goodbye, Dear Friend

The next few days had been crazy, mainly for Arthur it was. The day after saving John, Arthur went and met up with Micah and Dutch at Van Horn, which is where they were gonna meet up with Cornwall. Dutch told him that Micah believes that there is a rat among them but Arthur points out that they've gotten real sloppy since Blackwater and they don't need a rat. Arthur warned them that this better not be a revenge mission but Dutch assured him and said it was just a social call.

But, boy, was that wrong.

After a failed negotiation with Cornwall, Dutch shoots and kills him and it ended with a shootout between the Pinkertons and Dutch, Micah and Arthur. The three men barely escaped but they were able to make it out of Van Horn, alive. Dutch, who was able to grab some papers from Cornwall, tells Micah and Arthur a bit of the plan.

He told them that they just need a distraction. Buy them more time. He also tells them that Cornwall's company has signed a railroad contract with the army and that they're moving dynamite down from the Annesburg mines to Saint Denis to resell. And that there are bonds at his oil factory. 

Dutch tells Micah to check on the dynamite and that Bill and Arthur should join him. So the next day, Arthur meets up with Micah and Bill and Micah orders the two to grab the dynamite. The job goes successfully although, Arthur and Bill did get into a shootout but they were about to get out, safely.

The day after that, Arthur thought he would get some time to relax as he laid on the cot, (y/n) laying next to him with her back against his chest, but he was not gonna have one today. Sadie told him that Colm's hanging was today and told him to met her and Dutch in Saint Denis.

He huffs out a breath then he kisses (y/n)'s neck and he runs his fingers, lightly, over (y/n)'s stomach. He still was in shock that his child...their baby...was residing in there. Despite feeling worried and scared for both (y/n) and their baby, he was excited about this baby and he started to think on what the baby would be.

A boy or a girl.

A little boy did worry him as the boy could grow up to be like him, a little Arthur Morgan roaming around and causing trouble...God help him, but he would love to teach him how to hunt and fish. A little girl would also be nice especially if it acted more like (y/n) or Annebeth. He would spoil her and Annebeth as little princesses, like they should be.

His mind wandered as he thinks of the future when (y/n) turns over and slowly opens her eyes. She raises her eyes up to him and she could tell that he was deep in thought. "Careful, cowboy. You think too hard and smoke will come outta your ears." (Y/n) teases and he blinks, quickly, then turns his attention to her and she chuckles.

"Morning, darlin'." He said. 

"Morning..." (y/n) yawned and Arthur chuckles then he presses his lips to her forehead. The two stare into each other's eyes and (y/n) places her right hand on his cheek and runs her thumb over his chin, over the spot on his chin where a scar resided.

"You have a day off or..." (y/n) asked but Arthur shakes his head. "I gotta go to Saint Denis and meet up with Dutch and Sadie. Colm O’Driscoll is scheduled to hang today." Arthur said. "Oh..." she said, with understanding. "Yeah, so...unfortunately, I gotta go." He said and he gives her a quick kiss on the lips and he starts to sit up when she says. "I wanna come."

He turns to her as she sits up. "I'm not sure that's a good idea, (y/n)." He said to her. "Arthur, I maybe pregnant but I ain't helpless. Not yet, anyway." She said. "I know, darlin' but...I just don't want anything to happen to you or the baby." He tells her. "Nothing's gonna happen to me. You'll be there." She said and Arthur still gives her a worried look.