The Aftermath of Genesis

A couple of days later, the snow storm had finally calmed down to where everyone could at least walk out and see more than two feet in front of them. (Y/n) and Annebeth were huddled by the fireplace again when they heard voices talking amongst each other.

She walked out and saw Dutch, Micah, Lenny, Javier, Bill and Arthur mount their horses. (Y/n) went over to the building that was consider the kitchen of the camp as Charles walks up next to her. "Hey, (y/n)." He greets. "Charles." She greets, warmly, when Dutch shouts. "Mr Mathews, Mr Smith and Mr Pearson, will you please look after the place. There are O'Driscoll's about."

Then he and the men head out on horses. Must be after the O'Driscoll camp Arthur told me about. (y/n) thought as she heads to the little kitchen area, to see Mr Pearson there. "We're gonna starve to death, Miss (l/n)." He said as he warms himself by the fire he had going. 

"We're okay." (Y/n) tries to assure him and he shakes his head. "We have a few cans of food and a rabbit. For what? Twelve? Fourteen people?" He asked, annoyed, as he goes over to the table while (y/n) went by the fire and warmed herself up.

"When I was in the Navy..." Pearson started to say as he chops up what food they had left. "Oh, here we go." (Y/n) grumbles as she rolls her eyes and walks over to Pearson. "We were stranded at sea for fifty days..." he said. "And you unfortunately survived." (Y/n) remarks and Pearson sets his knife down and turns to her.

"When we ran away from Blackwater, I wasn't able to get supplies in." Pearson explains and picks up a pot. "What choice did we have, Mr Pearson? Government agents were coming after us! A shopping trip was the least of our worries at the time. We'll survive. We always have." (Y/n) said as Pearson walks back over to the table to grab a ladle.

"And if needs be we can eat you, you're the fattest." (Y/n) quips but Pearson rolls his eyes at her. "I sent Lenny and Bill hunting, yesterday, and they found nothing." Pearson said as he gestures towards the snowy landscape. "Well, Lenny's more into book learning than hunting. And Bill...well, he's Bill. Unless those mountains are full of game that want to read, ain't no wonder they found nothing." (Y/n) said as Pearson was stirring the stew in the pot.

"Enough of this. We'll go find something. C'mon (y/n)." Charles said and (y/n) looks down at her outfit, which consisted of pants, a dress shirt, boots and a long coat that kept her warm. "Glad I dressed appropriately." She mutters, as she sometimes would wear a dress but she hated how the snow kept latching at the ends of her skirt so she grabbed these pants and shirts.

She began to follow Charles when Pearson speaks up. "Wait a second! Hold on!" Pearson said as he walks back over to the table and grabs something. "Here. You're gonna need something to eat out there." Pearson said as he tosses a small jar towards (y/n), who catches it and looks at the label. 

"Assorted, salted offal." She mutters then crinkled her nose in disgust. "Starving would be preferable." (Y/n) remarks. "C'mon." Charles said to her as she pockets the jar in her satchel. "Okay, let me go tell Annebeth." (Y/n) said and Charles nods.

(Y/n) walks towards the main building to see Annebeth and Jack playing with some sticks they found. "Annebeth, honey." (Y/n) said and the little dark blonde haired girl walks up to her. "Yes momma?" She asked and (y/n) kneels down to her. "Momma's gonna be out for a bit, so I need you to stay here where Miss Grimshaw and Miss Abigail can watch you. Okay?" She said and the little girl nods. 

"Good girl." (Y/n) said and she kisses the top of her daughter's head then looks up at Abigail and Grimshaw. "I'll be back in a little bit. Gonna go with Charles to find some food." She tells them. "Be careful out there, Miss (l/n)." Grimshaw said. The (h/c) woman nods and walks out of the building and meets up with Charles as he mounts his horse.