Banking, the Old American Art

The next morning, Arthur heads downstairs where a lively discussion already appears to be taking place between Dutch and Hosea. "I’m telling you, Dutch, this is the way to do this job. The distraction’ll buy you all the time you need." said Hosea. "I…don’t like it…" Dutch mutters, unsure. "It’s the right plan. We’ve done the work. I’ve been in town, looking…watching and…and waiting, I’ve, I’ve…I’ve tested it as well as I can. It’s the right plan." Hosea assures him.

"I know! I just…Well, between you and me, I’m…nervous, I suppose, I suppose that’s it." Dutch said and Hosea gives him a concerned look. "You’re never nervous, that’s been my job all these years." he said. "I know." Dutch said and Arthur walks into the room.

"Gentlemen." Arthur greets as he walks in. "Look, the bank…Karen, Tilly, Abigail, I sent them all. They all say the same thing. There’s no more than one armed guard. And the police…it’s a city, there are police, but as far as we can tell…the patrols will all be going this way…when Abigail and I cause the diversion…and that’s the opportunity." Hosea said as he points at the map that's in front of Dutch on the table.​​​​​

Dutch shakes his head a bit then looks up at Arthur. "What do you think, Arthur?" he asked. "Well, I don’t see we have a lot of choice. We linger around here we know we’re dead." Arthur replied. "But the plan?" Dutch asked. "We got a decent bunch. We know how to fight. Those city cops, they don’t seem so tough. As long as we move fast. I reckon doing it in the day, with a distraction. If that’s what Hosea is saying? It’s as good a plan as any." Arthur said and Dutch thinks for a moment before he nods.

"I, I think I agree." He said. "And we do it at night…there’s the drama of just getting into the bank. Can’t do that silently. They’ll pick us off far easier." Hosea said. "I know, I’m…I’m just making sure." Dutch said. "Every plan is a good plan if we execute it properly. Every problem we had was because we did not…execute…properly. Even Blackwater from my understanding." said Hosea and Dutch nods again. "You’re right. Let’s rob this bastard." Dutch said and Hosea and Arthur nods as they leave.

"So it's really happening..." (y/n) said as she helps straightens Arthur’s blue puff tie. "Yeah..." Arthur mutters and (y/n) gives him a nervous look. "Hey, everything will be okay." He tries to assure her. "I know...it's just...we've gotten closer to each other and I guess I'm just scared to lose you." She said and Arthur frowns a bit at this.

"Hey..." he whispers as he takes her chin and makes her face him. "We'll be fine. You're not gonna lose me. And like I said, once we get the money and get as far away from here as possible, we will go live as a family." He tells her and she smiles a bit then nods.

"You're right. I might be worrying too much. I-I just don't want to lose you. Annebeth would be really sad..." (Y/n) said. "Hey...if anything were to happen, I'll find my way back to you." He said and (y/n) smiles at him. "And the girls said you weren't a romantic." She teases him and Arthur gives a playful scoff. 

She giggles at this then he leans in and gives her a loving kiss, which she returns. They break the kiss and (y/n) fixes up his tie real quick then pats his chest. "Okay, I guess you better go." She said and he nods. He gives her a quick kiss once more just as they hear footsteps coming up.

They look over and see Annebeth coming in. "Do you have to go?" Annebeth asked Arthur. "Unfortunately, yes, sweetheart. But I'll be back, don't you worry." Arthur said and the young girl frowns. "Hey...don't be sad. I'll be back here before you know it." He said as he kneels down to her then picks her up in his arms.

Then she goes and hugs Arthur, her little arms wrapped around his neck. He hugs her back as she said. "Please be safe." Arthur turns his head and kissed the side of her head. "I will." He mutters then they pull back from the embrace and Arthur gives her a small smile. "You be good to your momma, ya hear?" He said and she nods.