Part II Chapter 18: Journey, Test, and Meeting

Looking at the rising Sun as I breathed a sigh of irritation and muttered to myself," What is taking them so long?"

Elder Storm, who had landed next to me right when I said that, answered," Impatient, are we. I wanted to say one thing, with what happened, you have been getting arrogant. Please try to change and be wise."

Looking at her confused, I acknowledged her with a nod. Hearing wingbeats behind me, I looked back and nodded towards Xisu, Graveonth, and Shirlan just flying up. With the colors brightening in the sky, Elder Storm spoke," I wish you four luck on your quest. I should warn you about a very powerful fire wyvern. Who is even more potent than any normal wyverns or dragons of equipollence. He has the power of your grandmother. Probably quite a bit weaker, though."

Shirlan's eyes widened in shock as she exclaimed," You mean Inferno of the Void Flames!"

Hopelessly confused as I questioned," Who is that? Also, what are void flames, and how is he different than any other equipollence wyvern or dragon?"

Elder Storm shook her head," I don't know, but I do know this is the second age of humans being in control. The first age was a time where we lived as slaves to humans. I know very little about him, but I know he and his mate. Breeze were both slaves to humans. He is over five hundred thirty years old and a fire wyvern of the phoenix lineage."

Hopelessly confused as Elder Storm called out," Time to go. I will see you when you return Xyverinos. Remember, we will have that talk upon returning home."

Bowing, I confirmed," Yes, I know."

Shirlan jumped into the air and flipped in mid-air with a smirk," Well, you coming slowpokes!"

Graveonth growled," Stuff a goat down your throat and choke on it."

Shirlan laughed as I mused softly,' Now that Elder Storm mentions it, I have been getting arrogant, perhaps being out in nature will help with that.'

Shaking my head, I flapped all four of my wings before jumping off the mountain. Looking back at Elder Storm, who watched us go, I followed Shirlan, Xisu, and Graveonth as I followed them all at a steady pace. Effortlessly passing Graveonth, I jabbed at him," Come on, Graveonth, you slow or just lazy."

Xisu and Shirlan laughed as Graveonth bolted at me. Laughing at him, I could feel myself becoming like how I was before most of my adoptive family died before Allit disappeared for more than a month.

After a bit of time, Graveonth gave up chasing me.

With plenty of daylight left, we flew from our haven towards my old home, the Valley of Wind, towards perhaps the most powerful wyvern bar Unla and the Demonic Wyvern.

Shirlan called out," While we fly, I would like to educate you three about who Inferno of the Void Flames is. Before we get into it, do you guys know the different types of sub-elements? Judging from your silence, that's a no. So besides the base elements, there are Void elements like water, earth, lightning, wind, and fire. There are other types of dragons and wyverns as well. But there is a light side and a dark side to the elements. The Void side comes from the demonic wyvern powers, and very few have that kind of power. The other side is the Holy side, meaning it is lighter and connected to your kind powers. A bit about his history; he hatched roughly five hundred twenty years ago now. Hatching into slavery and for the first seven years of his life. Eventually, according to some stories, he escaped with the help of a human lord. Kind of like what happened to you, Xyverinos,"

After a few minutes of silent flying, she continued," I believe by the age of ten years old, he was the strongest wyvern here in Zaten until your mother came along actually. He awakened a power stronger than equipollence or, as it was known back, than equilibrium. Why they changed the name to equipollence, I have no idea. The power he awakened was called Dragonic power. What I remember during the last war, I experienced him releasing a massive amount of power. He was well terrifyingly powerful. Capable of destroying an equipollence earth wyvern in a single blast."