Part II Chapter 21: Winds of Change

Slyrak, who was training with me in a sparring room, spoke up while trying to hit me with his tail," You ready to train with my mother?"

Retaliating with a feather barrage, I answered," Yes, anything I should know beforehand."

Slyrak released a torrent of flames before answering," Nah, she is calmer and honestly more level-headed than my father. She is still powerful, though. Don't you dare tell my father I said that!"

Inferno's voice came by the entrance," Don't tell me what?"

Both of us paused as I looked at Slyrak as I replied," I will let your son tell you. I have a training session with your mate now."

Slyrak yelled as I left him to his father's wrath, who proceeded to drag it out of his son, who was fighting his father. Jumping into the air, I flew towards the tip of the mountain where Breeze was waiting. Catching sight of the five hundred twenty-year-old wind wyverness watching the clouds overhead. The moment I landed next to her, she spoke," Hello Xyverinos, are you prepared for my training."

Bowing slightly in respect to the elder wyverness," Yes, I am."

She asked me another question," Where is my son?"

Stifling a laugh as Slyrak came flying up battered and bloodied slightly from his father's beating.

He scowled at me and threatened," When it's time to spar with you again, I am going to torture you."

Shrugging, I replied," You did that during training with your father yesterday."

Breeze sighed," Alright, how about we start working with magic, then, later on, we will begin awakening your hidden wind abilities."

Understanding ideally, I inquired eagerly," Can we learn magic now?"

Breeze chuckled," First, we must awaken it. Now Slyrak, this is a perfect time for you to awaken your magic. Please follow me where we will be going."

She jumped off the mountain and beat her massive wings that were three times my total size. She headed towards a forest to the south of the haven, and we both followed her without hesitation.

Following closely behind her, we landed in a nearby clearing as Breeze spoke calmly," The area we are in makes magic truly awaken. Now for straightforward instructions, actually close your eyes until you feel a strange pull in your mind, heart, etc. Once you get ahold of it, grasp it and do not let go. That is all. I will leave you until you awaken it."

Both Slyrak and I looked at each other as I commented," May as well get started."

He nodded," Yeah."

Closing my eyes, I reached deep into my soul. Strange energy began to enter me as time passed; the power was from nature itself. The true power of nature filled me as I steadied my mind and body so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed by the immense power that nature seemed to have. It felt more potent than anything I have ever felt beforehand. Even Unla seemed unable to even compare to the power it possessed. Then again, I have never felt Unla's full power before.

Time slowed to a halt as I searched myself until I felt a tug. Holding onto it, I proceeded to draw the power out. Breathing at a favorable rate as time moved on again, I heard twin gasps of shock as I opened my eyes to see a golden aura forming a helix around me; waves of dust flew away from me.

The elder wyverness had a smile on her face," You are without a doubt her son. I taught your mother magic as well, and her magic, while powerful, was not on par with this. Though that means the control exercises will be much, much harder. Is that clear?"