Part III Chapter 48: Protecting of the World

Unnin glanced down at us with his massive form and rumbled," Xyverinos, you are scared?"

Gritting my teeth, I dropped the barrier as Requiem did the same, gusts of cold wind as Unnin merely glanced at his son," Traitor."

Requiem spat," You are the traitor to your ideals, father."

Unnin snorted, and his voice boomed," Let us skip the idle chit-chat shall we begin the fate of the world."

Glancing at all of my friends, I looked at Shyri and smiled sadly," Sorry, my love."

I teleported her away as I sighed," Everyone goes full out right off the bat."

Pulses of power flared as I spoke," Enhance power. Enhance physical strength. Enhance mental awareness. Enhance magic. Enhance protection."

I breathed outwards as I made all my friends nearly on par with Requiem and myself. When we weren't in equipollence, that is."

Unnin didn't even look concerned as he stood in front of us calmly. I breathed in and released my equipollence for the first or second time in front of my friends. Requiem's power flared as Unnin lashed out faster than I thought was possible; his giant claw slammed into me, and Requiem sent us flying. The force of it was enough to dissipate my equipollence in a solid blow.

Wheezing as Unnin towered above me while my friends tried to attack," The end is near."

Gritting my teeth as he slammed a claw down while I snarled, blocking the blow, this time not moving as rage and determination filled me. I was sliding back as Requiem took this moment to act and a spear of ice went flying towards Unnin's left eye. It simply disappeared as Unnin swept Requiem aside. He was an ant into a mountain, well to him; we were all ants. Unnin turned his attention towards me again as I jumped into the air, meeting him in the eye to eye level.

I controlled my emotions and inquired," Unnin, if you don't mind me asking? How did you make me release my equipollence."

Unnin stared down at me and attacked with a swipe of one of his claws. Teleporting away, I appeared above him, my eyes wide, spotting something that looked off.

Releasing a full-powered blast of flames into his back as he made a little growl of irritation as I flew by my friends, and a spear of earth appeared out of nowhere, slamming into my stomach as I gasped, getting the wind get knocked out of me. Then, being flung out and slamming into the ground hard, feeling bones break, crack, and shatter.

Even with my enhanced regeneration, it would be a few minutes to heal."

Gasping softly, I forced myself to stand, wincing from the broken bones while Spirit yelled," Xyverinos! Watch out!"

My eyes widened in shock as tentacles of darkness rushed at me. I formed a protective shell of light around me, trying to give my bones time to heal. The tentacles wrapped around my sphere. They were cutting off the light from the outside. A crack sounded as my protective shell was beginning to break.

The shell exploded as I decided to do something reckless and stupid that could cause me to self-combust. I was going into equipollence; this was the only way I could escape from this.

Reaching into my power, and I immediately eliminated the darkness surrounding me. Everything faded away as I panted,' Dammit, how do we defeat him!'

Tendrils of flames and light surrounded me while I struggled to focus, my cells like they were about to explode.

I took note all my friends except Requiem were on the ground, wounded severely.

I breathed out, shakily taking a step forward as Unnin looked at me, his eyes wide in surprise, as Requiem spoke weakly," Xyv, run. We lost."

I answered," Not yet, Requiem."

Power seemingly exploded out of me as Unnin questioned," You reached into your equipollence state. You knew the risk."

I spat," Of course, I fight for my mothers and my wish. The wish for peace."

Unnin's eyes glowed as a massive shadow fell overhead; a meteorite started to fall as I spat," You don't understand the power of the sun!"

I released a massive crescent of flames, cutting the meteorite in half.

Unnin slammed his claw onto me as he snarled," So mu-!" He let out a scream of pain, the first sign of him being injured in this fight as I snarled," I will not allow you to win!"

Power pulsed from me as Unnin growled, darkness, the earth began to quake, the water swirled around him," You of all creatures cannot be reaching that power!"

The energy seemed to increase as I snarled," I will not back down!"

Flames flared from the ground, storm clouds formed with lightning flashing, the wind became more intense as I spoke a mantra as my aura grew" I am not going to hold back! I will protect them! I will bring PEACE!"

Unnin's eyes were wide with awe as he released his aura that seemed to be slightly higher than my own now. Rage and determination seemed to be pushing me to extremes.

Our aura seemed to be clashing against each other while Unnin grew annoyed as I felt his mind barrier break slightly.

But when I reached towards his mind, he snarled, entering a new state; he turned silver while his energy and aura skyrocketed.

I was launching myself forward, flinging a tornado of flames at him as it froze in the ice. But then, I realized that Unnin was also a dragon of equipollence. So this form of his was his equipollence.

An idea dawned on me that I could end this if I could break through his mental barrier. Drawing out more power as I connected to the mind of Requiem, Spirit who had just regained consciousness, and Cyvin, who had the same time," I need you guys to distract him for a few moments."

Requiem chuckled in my head," Very well, I assume you have a plan. Can you clue us in?"

I answered," I am using a part of my powers that I am best with."

Unnin was destroying the ground as Requiem attacked with Spirit and Cyvin.

I focused on him as I forced my way into his mind, breaking each layer slowly. He knew what I was doing, judging by how fast he tried to get rid of them.

Cyvin was sent flying as he fell unconscious again. Then, gritting my teeth, I gripped into his mind and tore through it, flooded with memories as I realized how Unnin is, or how he was before he was put under the spell by something called a galaxy wyvern.

____

A/N Done with Chapter 48, see if you can figure out what will happen next chapter.