Part II Chapter 27: Mending Fences

It has been a month since both of us have gotten here. All three of my friends and a council member have taken all three to restrain me from killing Krodi twice now. Slyrak had ended up with a sharp feather lodged into his side; Xisu felt how sharp my tail's spikes were. Graveonth had felt both as he is the biggest of us; he straight-up sat on me.

Krodi smiled at us and cheered," Let's go swimming!"

My blue eyes were drilling holes into her as Slyrak spoke up," Sorry, Krodi, but I don't think getting feathers wet is a good idea, so both Xyv and myself will sit out."

She suddenly turned scary," You will do what I say."

I hissed," You think you scare me, Krodi."

She loomed over me and screamed," YOU ARE A HATCHLING, AND YOU WILL OBEY ME!"

My aura flared as I sneered in a whisper," You are not even worth me killing anymore."

I was turning to walk away as Krodi appeared in front of me as she turned into plasma. I used my power to freeze her," Did you forget I am your kind's progenitor, and if I recall, I destroyed you when we fought last time."

She howled back as a massive surge of energy flared from her as I flared my aura dwarfing her powers as I took control of her flame body and shrank her down and in a quiet snarl," Do you wish to continue Krodi. I am the son of Queen Shondrass; you will show me respect; just because I am back to my original self doesn't mean I won't stand up for myself."

She growled as I heard her flaming form growl,' Lord Unnin, is going to be sorely annoyed with me.'

Smirking, I inquired," Who is Lord Unnin, Krodi?"

Feeling her emotions shock, fear, and dread as she didn't answer.

Musing silently,' I can quickly destroy her mind, but I will be nice to her only because she cares about the other hatchlings.'

She turned back to normal and glared at me with a snarl," I am not telling you anything, Xyverinos! So that you know I hate you and your family with every fiber of my being!"

Slyrak hissed," What did Xyverinos do to you!"

Krodi growled," That is none of your business, Slyrak."

My mind's gears were turning as I showed how insightful I was," I assume that my mother did something to you?"

She snarled at me, not answering as I continued," Whatever my mother did, it caused you to reach equipollence, probably when you were in your mid-twenties. You are not more than fifty. I know that much, so before I lose my patience with you, tell me what my mother did to you! My mother and I are two separate beings, and I don't think I deserve to be treated so harshly."

Krodi continued to glare at me as she sneered," Your mother killed my father and mother; that is why I hate you! You have their blood in you; I vowed on their graves that I would kill anyone related to Queen Shondrass!"

Graveonth yelled," You fool, Xyv can quickly kill you now! He was able to kill a Dragon Hunter!"

Holding my tail up, I looked at Krodi," Graveonth enough, Krodi, if you want to avenge your family, meet me in the training hall; this is a no-hold-bar fight to the death for you."

Xisu objected immediately," Xyv, don't do it."

I smiled softly," You are too much of a worrywart; I will be fine."

Krodi hissed," Don't be too sure, Xyverinos, I will kill you! Hatchlings, all of you go to the training area, and I will show you why I am in charge of protecting you!"