Part II Chapter 22: Lightning and Light

Looking at arguably my most brutal trainers as Kirara barked," Again."

I was breathing out as black lightning sparked from me and raced from feather to feather, increasing its output as it grew stronger, scorching the ground around me, causing the grass beneath me to wither and die.

Kirara spoke softly," Steady now, Xyverinos, Don't bunch it all up; release it in small amounts until you can control the void lighting. I don't have to lecture you about how dangerous void elements are, do I."

Gritting my teeth, I responded," No, you do not; I understand perfectly well just how dangerous void lightning and wind is to both the users and the opponents."

She growled," It is not just those two elements Xyverinos; void flame could suck all oxygen out of someone. Void Water is poisonous to anyone unfortunate to be trapped by it. Void earth is volatile and can cause a dragon to suffocate."

Still struggling, I dug my talons into the ground and released the lightning into the earth. The ground had lightning racing off of the surface as Kirara yelped from a small tendril striking her in the ankle," Ouch, dammit, while I may be a lightning wyverness of equilibrium."

Controlling the void lightning, I proceeded to manipulate it as it again flared, surrounding me in a miniature electrical storm.

Sun whistled," Damn, that's impressive to create this kind of electrical storm when he just started to control his lightning is impressive. Can you hurry up and get to the next part so I can train him with light."

Kirara growled," Shut up, void lightning is hard to control, and he just awakened his lightning last week. It takes time and patience to deal with lightning. Xyverinos, I can assume you have a basic understanding of light already."

Nodding, I focused back on my task at hand. Breathing outwards, I proceeded to try something a bit too advanced for me, shape manipulation.

Forcing the lightning to become streamlined, I used all my willpower to make it hover as I flicked my tail, releasing it. The lightning struck a tree and exploded on impact, causing the tree to light on fire.

Releasing all my power, I proceeded to have spirit fire flare around me in orbs, lightning flare around me, and small, powerful tornados simply rotating around me. I gritted my teeth from the large amounts of energy I was releasing as Kirara yelled," Xyverinos, what are you doing!"

I answered firmly and calmly," Seeing how far I have come since I first came here four weeks ago. I will not take baby steps, especially since I have a promise to keep to Innurth. I am not taking baby steps."

Kirara sighed," Fair enough; you rare reminding me of when Inferno was about ten years old."

Dropping all the power, I questioned," Why does Inferno's power feel different compared to a normal equipollence or equilibrium wyvern?"

Inferno's voice came from behind me," Allow me to answer that question, but first, I must say I am impressed I watched you controlling three out of your four elements."

Looking at Inferno, I thank him," Thank you, Inferno."

He grinned," Alright, I possess a small amount of power from the sun, rather than me explain how about I show you?"

Pulses of power rippled from him as he glowed brighter than the sun as the temperature shot up as the trees around us turned to ash instantly. He looked like a solid form of himself but pure black flames, void flames.

Stumbling back in fear, I stammered, shivering," W-what is that power?!"

Kirara spoke up, chuckling," it is alright to be afraid; this is just a massive step up from equilibrium. Inferno, what's the name of it again?"