Part II Chapter 25: End of a Reign

Unla and I calmly stared at each other, or rather I stared at him calmly. Unla, however, had that infuriating smirk as he chuckled," You seem stronger. But now, as I stated, this shall be our battle to the death."

Speaking up quietly, I asked," What is the point of all this?"

Unla shrugged," I have no idea; in all honesty, I am just gunning for you because our kinds are enemies. Other than that, well, I have no idea."

Looking down at the battlefield to see Inferno fighting the equilibrium Ersaicean and holding his own, I questioned," Who is that other Ersaicean?"

Unla laughed manically," My older brother!"

I gulped nervously in fear as Unla looked at me completely serious," Are you ready to die, Xyverinos."

Shaking my head, I answered," It is you who will die, Unla."

In response to my retort, he sends several tendrils of darkness at me as I weaved through them with ease. I blasted him with spirit fire as he yowled with pain. When the flames disappeared, he had nasty burns. He slowly healed as Unla glared at me," I wasn't expecting you to injure me with that small amount of spirit fire."

Shrugging, I replied," You can thank Inferno for that."

He growled," How about we stop testing each other?"

Shrugging as I released a cyclone of flames around me as I nodded quietly," Very well."

Unla grinned," Good, you seem serious."

The moment he charged, I whispered," Spirit manipulation: barrier."

Unla fell into contact with the barrier as he cursed," What in the world?!"

Releasing wind blades from the next flap of my feathered four wings, the wind blades cut through the air and hit Unla in several spots as his eyes widened," Void wind?"

He had taken note of the small darker part of the wind coming at him as I nodded," Yes, that was void wind."

He shredded the barrier with one of his wings as he lunged at me. Then, covering myself in void lightning and using that energy to increase my speed further, I whipped by him, angling my tails to rip into him. Unla, however, saw that coming as he veered to the side. I was looking at him as I circled him before going in for another pass. His shadows turned into those wings that gave me the scar I carry now as a reminder of our first talk. We both hovered as the roars, cries of pain, and the sound of the elements entered our ears.

Unla sighed in bliss," All those screams sound perfect to my ears. Well enough of that, let's end this."

With narrowed eyes as I breathed out, combining all my power as light orbs surrounded Unla in an instant as he howled, causing the light spheres to go flying away from him. Sighing with a very creative swearword," You flying pig-faced frog. I hate you even more."

Unla looked stunned as he suddenly glared at me." I am not a pig-faced frog."

Raising a brow, I retorted," Yes, you do, your face is scrunched up, and your body looks like a frog."

His eye was twitching now as I smiled internally, hoping to piss him off so he would make mistakes as he glared at me," You do not want to piss me off, Xyverinos."

Shooting back harshly," Yeah, right, how about you stop messing around with me because it could end up with you dead."

Unla glared at me as the black shape that made his form flickered as tendrils of darkness again lashed out at me.