Part II Chapter 20: Training with an Old Legend

Sitting on a balcony in Inferno's home, I watched the sun rising slowly as Slyrak's voice came from behind me in a groggy tone," How long have you been up for?"

With a slight smirk, I replied," Since before the sunrise so in human terms four or five in the morning."

Slyrak sat down next to me as he asked me in a cautious tone," Are you ready to train with my father?"

Glancing at the slightly older Wyvern, I looked into his mind,' My father has some fun planned for you, and I know you are reading my mind. I know what we are doing right away, so I just came as a heads up."

Deadpanned, I stated," He told you yesterday, huh."

Slyrak nodded as he yawned again," Yeah, well, let us begin, shall we. Follow me, new sparring partner."

I couldn't but pale though it was hard to tell as I was a snow-white color. Slyrak smirked," You can already tell I have more battle experience than you."

Calmly looking at the older drake, I answered in a monotonous tone that would have made my trainer back at W.D.E.D proud, very proud," It's evident from the fact you are a wyvern of equipollence in two different elements."

Slyrak turned around and walked out of his home. He looked over his shoulder and beckoned with his tail to follow him. Sighing internally, I followed closely behind him. He was, to my surprise, longer than Graveonth by several meters despite him being at the most a year older than him.

Eventually, we came into a giant dome that I couldn't repress a shiver down my spines and into my wingtips. The Deja vu from just walking into here reminded me of W.D.E.D. The only difference was Inferno himself was standing there with a strange pressure around him. He disappeared in a column of flames, appearing in front of me in a mere blink of an eye. I felt a wing talon to my throat in just one blink.

He stated in a low stern tone, completely different from yesterday," Your dead once already."

He disappeared again, but this time my future sight, which I have kept dormant and under control, restores it from taking over. His tail came from behind as I ducked and rolled out of harm's way only to be met with a vicious kick with his massive clawed foot. Being sent rolling as a sudden overwhelming pressure slammed into me. Now struggling to breathe with the wind knocked out of me as Slyrak's voice called out," Father, I think that's enough with the aura."

Shocked, I gasped after recovering my breath,' That was an aura!'

Inferno growled," Fine, Xyverinos, I must say I am not impressed. At all. This time around, I want you to fight Slyrak at full power. Trust me; you will need it."

Slyrak chuckled," If he pushes me hard enough, am I allowed to go unrestrained, father?"

Inferno stated," Yes, you are. I will not allow my old friend's son to be weak. You have a legacy to keep Xyverinos and a great one at that. I will see it through that you will reach it and surpass your parent's legacy."

Slyrak lunged at me with blinding speed far greater back at my home haven. Instantly I released orbs of light spinning in a circle around me, also having a pillar of flames surrounding me.

Slyrak skidded to a stop as he watched the light orbs with an analytic gaze," Interesting technique; however, there is one critical weakness in it, allow me to show you, my friend."

He walked forward and grabbed one of the light orbs with one talon without getting hurt. A shocking thought ran through me,' If Inferno's son is this strong at this age...how strong is Inferno exactly! All I saw from him was intense speed and felt his aura!'