Part II Chapter 26: Return and Bashing the second pt II

With the sun setting behind us, we slowly continued our way back to the haven where I called home and where Slyrak would soon call home. With me still flying, tendrils of pain coursed through my shoulder, and I knew without looking I was still bleeding heavily.

Slyrak groaned," How much farther?"

Struggling to stay conscious, I took notice of the surroundings," We are getting closer. We are about five minutes away."

Nearly losing consciousness as Slyrak caught me," Burning fireball, stay conscious, Xyverinos!"

Forcing myself to focus, I gritted my teeth," I will. Don't worry. Let's get there soon. I want to warn Elder Storm as soon as I can."

Another dose of blood ripped through me as a voice barked," Why are you two hatchlings out?"

I recognized the voice immediately," Hello Grinag; it's been four almost five months."

His eyes widened," Xyverinos, and who is this?"

I replied," Can we go inside, please? Unfortunately, I am injured right now. Oh, for who this is, this is Slyrak, the son of Inferno of the Void flame."

Grinag nodded," Let us go inside the haven."

We flew down towards the entrance as we landed on the ground, slightly rough as I hissed in pain. Grinrag spoke," What happened to you? I thought you were just training?"

I shook my head at the elder wyvern," No, I mean yes, I was training until earlier today. A battle happened, and well, a lot happened. I need to get my injury wrapped and meet with you and the rest of the council."

Slyrak protested," You need rest; you wasted more energy than me today fighting that-."

I cut him off with a glare as my electric blue eyes glowed," Slyrak, now is not the time for that. There are more pressing concerns."

Slyrak shut his mouth immediately, as we both knew in these last three months I was stronger than him by quite a bit now.

We entered the haven as voices full of shock spoke," Is that Xyverinos?"

"Why is he injured?"

"When did he return?"

"Who is that with him?"

"How long has it been since we have seen him?"

A reply came from the last question," It's been close to five months."

Ignoring them as Slyrak spoke," Uh Grinag, can we hurry up, please."

Grinrag responded," Of course."

We moved at a faster pace as Slyrak continued to support me as we entered the Council Chambers as Elder Storm and Shirlan looked up and gapped as Shirlan snapped out of it first," Medic!"

A young fire dragoness walked in as she took note of the injury. She quickly left and returned with bandages as Elder Storm spoke," Alright, Xyverinos, before I get the council members in here, who is your friend here?"

I winced as the fire dragoness wrapped the wound," This is Slyrak, a friend I made and my training partner."

Elder Storm mused," Slyrak, who are your parents?"

Slyrak shocked me with how strong his voice sounded," My father was Inferno of the Void Flame. My mother was Breeze, the Queen of Magic. My father has fought and died in battle."

Shirlan uttered," Inferno...died."

Elder Storm was pale," Just who are we up fighting against in this war? Who was strong enough to kill Inferno of all wyverns, dragons, phoenixes, and Unicorns? Was it Unla?"