Part III Chapter 39: Breaking Point

One year later

Laying next to Shyri, I felt her poke me," Get up, Xyv."

Hissing softly, I moved my wings over my head as I felt her jump on me as I yelped," Alright, alright, I am up!"

She laughed," I win."

Flicking her with my tail," You usually always win, love. I can't argue with you very easily."

She smiled at me, her gray eyes lighting up to a brilliant silver," Or you just let me win. I have seen you argue before."

Chuckling, I responded," True. But no, usually you play your cards right when we do argue."

She protested," Usually!"

I grinned," Yeah, you don't notice. I prefer mental stuff, after all. So yeah, I notice."

She rested her tail on my own as she spoke," Don't you have to go work on the machine."

I snorted," I do, yeah, but I don't want to go right now."

She chuckled," I would finish it today; we have a check-up late on today."

Slightly surprised," First, I have heard of that. But yeah, you are right. Alright, I will meet you outside of the workplace."

Nodding, I hummed in understanding as I inquired," Why a check-up now? I have been here for two and a half years now. I would have thought they would have done it to me not long ago."

She shrugged," I don't know. Well, I am going to be in the dome for a little while. Bye, love."

She left as I laid there for a few moments longer, heaving myself up as I looked at the others. All of them had grown just as much as me, and all of them were a tiny bit bigger. Well, it made sense for Enihieh and Spirit to be bigger than the rest of us. I was nearing the size Allit was when I was captured. Shyri is just slightly smaller than me.

Walking away as Spirit called to me," Xyverinos, you know we have a check-up, right?"

I answered," Of course."

'Well, I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for Shyri.'

I was debating whether or not if I should teleport there or walk. I decided on the latter. Walking through the stone hallway, I breathed out and entered the workplace. The staff member who was always there spoke," You are late."

I glared at him," Shut up."

I had picked up a few of the human swear words over the last couple of years. My favorite being shut up.

He sighed," Alright, alright, stop glaring at me. Well, you are almost done."

I snorted," Oh, I know—no need to tell me that. Anyways I heard that we have a check-up later."

He snorted," If you can call it that."

Narrowing my eyes in suspicion at the man, I peeked into his mind,' Those fools of a higher up. Doing this when he is only eight.'

I snorted before I turned my attention towards the weapon I was building for them. When I was finished with this, I knew I would be free if the Commander would follow through with his word. Though in recent times, I doubt it. Either way, with the amount my power has grown these last couple of years, I knew the collar wouldn't restrain me for much longer, especially if the higher-ups of W.D.D.C wanted to force me to reach equipollence. I can only pray when that happens that all of the ones I care for getting out of here before that happens.