• 𝘹𝘭𝘪𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

THIS IS MY FAULT

THIS IS MY FAULT. All of it. The news of my "death" sent her in a spiral to find me. I'm the reason she left the safety of the base. She was searching for me. We have to get to her before it's too late. Please. Please, don't let me fail again.
— Poe Dameron.

I stand before the hologram table, examining the evidence I've been given, though my mind drifts back to Elyse. Is she even alive? What has Ben done to her? The admirals, majors, and any other members who have been granted permission to access this meeting enter the room, surrounding the table beside me. I close out any files I've been examining and focus back on them. Han stands on the opposite side of the table from me, worry written across his face. I don't blame him. His children are suffering, a fight tearing a hole even further into their relationship. I exhale and nod to the closest admiral to the door. He closes them and the room goes quiet. Marlene and Piper stand in the back corner of the room, listening in on the plan.

"The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's Report," I state, looking around the room, then over at Snap.

He uncrosses his arms and looks around the room.

"They've created some form of Hyper-Light Speed weapon that's built within the Planet itself," Snap says.

"A laser cannon." An admiral says from across the table.

Snap shakes his head, looking back at me.

"We aren't entirely sure how to categorize a weapon of this size." He says.

"It's another Death Star." One major says, his voice breathy and fearful.

I exhale sharply and uncross my arms, leaning against the table.

"I wish that were the case, Major," I state, pressing a button on the panel before me, bringing up a sequence of holograms. "This was the Death Star. And this is Star-Killer base."

Gasps echo around the room as they examine the differences between the two bases.

"So, it's big," Han says, trying to reassure everyone that they've done this before.

"How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" Admiral Ackbar asks, looking at me.

Finn steps forward, standing beside me now.

"It uses the power of the sun," He says, looking around the room. "As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears."

I chew down on my lip, exhaling sharply.

"Ma'am," One of Leia's aides enters the room, handing her a piece of paper.

Leia examines the small card and exhales, looking back at me.

"The First Order... They're charging the weapon again now. Our system is the next target." She says.

Gasps echo around the room again. I clench my hands by my sides, nerves building in my chest.