• 𝘹𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

IT'S GRADUATION DAY

IT'S GRADUATION DAY. Today, Han and Leia will announce which of the initiates will be the first to go on their own solo mission after Graduation. They will also give rewards of recognition for the initiates that showed the most promise during training among other things. I really hope you could make it. But, if you weren't able to come, I understand. Life is hectic.
     — Poe Dameron

Today I learn if I've made enough of an impact to receive an award or be assigned my own solo mission. While I would love to see my father, being assigned my own solo mission would be so amazing. It would show that Han trusts me. Leia trusts me. They trust me enough to go off on my own and do something big for the Resistance. I bandage my hands up, covering the burns from last week's X-Wing crash. Snap enters the room, the stitches on his neck poking through. I laugh, tossing him a bandage.

"Cover those damn things, will you? It can't be comfortable walking around with stitches scratching you all day." I say.

He unwraps the bandaid and covers the ends of the stitches to keep them from scratching his neck any more than they already have. I grab my toothbrush and start to brush my teeth when Jess and Karé enter the room. They both wear the white uniform with a white dress skirt. Snap stares at Karé for a long time. His eyes trail her body from head to toe. I clear my throat and continue brushing my teeth. Snap wakes up out of his daze and starts to get dressed. I spot out my toothpaste and wash off my face. I start to comb my hair, and sigh out sharply. I step into the bathroom and pull on my pants and dress jacket over top a white tank top. I step out of the bathroom to pull on my shoes and spot Snap fully dressed.

"Damn, Kasper, we should call you the Enlisted Chick Magnet instead. Look at you!" Snap says, whistling loudly.

I smile, grabbing my hat off of the hook beside my bed.

"Look at me? Look at you! Any girl would be lucky to call you her's." I say.

He grabs his hat and we both exit the dormitories, walking outside to the Graduation ceremony location.

"Snap! Poe! Wait up!" Someone behind us shouts.

We turn around, spotting Marlene and Piper running in our direction. They're not dressed in their Doctor scrubs, but, instead, in summer dresses.

"Hey! What you two doing here? Don't you have work today?" I ask, hugging each of them.

Marlene shakes her head and adjusts her tan sweater over her blue floral dress.

"We took the day off because we wanted to come and say congratulations before the ceremony. We'll be watching you from the stands." She says.

Piper nods, smiling. She reaches into her shoulder bag and pulls out a camera.

"Jess, can you take a picture of us?" She asks, smiling sweetly at Jess.

Jess nods, taking the camera from her. We stand next to each other, our arms wrapped around each other's backs. Piper hands me a copy, smiling at me.