• 𝘹𝘷 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

• p

• p. dameron •

THIS MISSION HAS A BIGGER UNDERLYING STORY THAN I THOUGHT. Elyse, the girl I was sent here to find, is the General's daughter. I only know this because of Piper's picture. Plus, a speeder was flipped on top of her, and she was pinned there. Something happened here. She was running to something, or away from something.
— Poe Dameron

Elyse passes out, her breathing becoming shallow. I begin to panic. I tear the sleeve of my white shirt off, using it as a makeshift pressure padding until I can get her to a doctor. I remove my jacket, wrapping it around Elyse. I lift her up off of the ground, carrying her back to my ship. BB-8 beeps with concern.

"Yeah, this does look bad, doesn't it?" I ask, trying to stay calm.

I think back on Leia's orders. Go to Yavin 4, Get her back, Bring her back here. Do they mean in a body bag? If I don't get her some medical attention fast, she'll bleed out before I get her even remotely close to the base.

"No, we're not going back to the Base." I say, laying her against my chest in the craft.

BB-8 beeps his binary code angrily, demanding I follow my instructions.

"BB-8, buddy, I will take her to the base. Just after I get her to a Doctor. She's bleeding pretty badly. If I fly her straight to base from here, she'll die way before we get to there. General Organa and Sergeant Solo can demote me and fire me for all I care. I'm just trying to get their daughter back to them alive." I say.

He beeps with acceptance, getting off my ass for a couple minutes. I lift off of the ground, flying to a familiar town. A small, quaint village filled with happy, smiling people. A world far away from the war, yet, so obviously affected by it. I land, climbing out of the cockpit of the ship, letting BB-8 down out of the ship. I grab Elyse, carrying her bridal style towards a small tan hutch with a fabric curtain as a door. The townspeople stare at us, whispering. I pull the cloth back, peering into the hutch. A man with tan skin and graying curly locks sits at a makeshift desk, reading through an old journal. He turns around, spotting me.

"Poe? What are you doing here? You told you you couldn't come visit because of your mission." He says.

I nod, stepping into the hutch with Elyse. I sigh, laying her on a rug.

"This is my mission. She's a Pilot and she's hurt, Dad. She needs your help." I say, pulling the makeshift padding off of her wound.

His eyes grow wide and he looks up at me. He knows what he needs to do to help her.

"Grab the gauze and a suture kit. You and I are going to have to find the bleeder and close the wound." He says.